Compare New York home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
New York Homeowners Insurance Quotes
The heights to which buildings, goals, and careers soar in "The Empire State" may be sources of pride for New York's residents. But don't feel as though the state's motto, "Ever Upward," applies to home insurance rates. Make shopping for New York home insurance more convenient and get great coverage at affordable premiums by using HomeownersInsurance.com.
How? HomeownersInsurance.com will seek competitive quotes to cover your home from up to eight highly rated carriers. Fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 and your days of scouring multiple carriers and websites for the best New York homeowners insurance quotes can end.
Home insurance rates in New York
Average New York home insurance rates in December were approximately $631.00 which have decreased since November when rates were around $677. Average rates in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in New York. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Regardless of the direction in which rates fluctuate, you can always search for ways to save money, including discounts. Discounts vary widely by provider and state, but some common discounts for which you might qualify include:
- Fire safety: Homes with smoke detectors or sprinklers can save you up to 5% on your homeowners insurance premiums.
- Security: Install a security system and deadbolt locks and you could qualify for a price break of 10% or more.
- Bundle: Purchase your auto insurance and your New York homeowners insurance from the same carrier and your monthly premium might decrease by 20%.
- New home: If your house was built within the last 10 years, you could qualify for a new home discount on your home insurance rates of up to 20%.
- Retiree: If you're 55 or older and retired and you could save up to 20%.
Your neighbors' New York homeowners insurance quotes
Ever wonder what fellow New York residents pay for homeowners insurance? Below are the last 5 New York policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premium prices vary by house type and individual situation. For your own New York homeowners insurance quote, fill out the above form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$570†||$592†||$561†||$288†||$444†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Oil||Central Gas||Central Gas|
New York home insurance coverage types
The following coverages typically are included in standard New York homeowners insurance:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Protection for the structure of your home and other buildings on your property comes from these two coverage types.
- Personal Property: Your policy guards the contents of your home with this type of protection.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes severely damaged in a covered event and you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use helps pay for restaurant and hotel bills.
- Medical Payments: Homeowners insurance can protect you if someone sustains an injury on your property. Medical Payments, or New York Medpay, can help pay medical bills if the injured party does not take you to court.
- Personal Liability: If a non-family member becomes injured on your property and decides to sue, your policy can help you pay legal costs and the final judgment.
Homeowners insurance: Protecting you against New York's elements
New York, as the 4th worst state for greenhouse gas emissions, has to grapple with the man-made element of pollution. Residents must endure nature's elements as well. Simply in the last few years, the state has experienced tropical storms, hurricanes, severe winter storms, and thunderstorms.
An additional danger for the northern part of the state: earthquakes. Remember that neither earthquake nor flood damage are covered by typical New York homeowners insurance policies. Consider purchasing a separate earthquake policy if you live near the northern fault line. You also should consider purchasing a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
New York home insurance in your city
Find your city below for more information about New York homeowners insurance quotes.