Compare Texas home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
Texas Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Texans pride themselves on being bigger and better, which is why Texas homeowners want to seek out the best homeowners insurance available when it comes to protecting their biggest investment. While finding the best home insurance in Texas might seem like a tall order, the agents at HomeownersInsurance.com are ready to deliver. Just complete one quick quote form and you'll be on your way to comparing multiple quotes from top carriers in the Lone Star state. Our team of agents is fully dedicated to finding you the best policy with Texas-sized savings.
The latest Texas homeowners insurance quotes
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$816†||$0†||$1,295†||$1,063†||$824†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric|
Ready for a quote of your own? Simply enter your ZIP code in the form above or call 1-877-919-2740 now to get your own personalized Texas homeowners insurance quotes.
Home insurance rates in Texas
The average Texas home insurance rate in December 2013 was $1071.00. It appears that rates have increased since November when average rates in Texas were around $1070.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Texas homeowners insurance rates can be volatile primarily because all four major weather problems fire, lightning, wind, and hail can strike the state. That's why you should always be mindful of what you are paying for home insurance and how you can save. Insurance experts recommend that homeowners shop coverage once a year and take advantage of available discounts.
Here are some common discounts offered by home insurance carriers:
- Home and Auto Bundle This discount can offer discounts of up to 20% and the convenience of having your coverage with one provider.
- New Home If your Texas abode was built within the past 10 years, you could save up to 20%.
- Claims-free Haven't filed any home insurance claims within the past 10 years? You could save up to 20%!
- Alarm Systems Simply by keeping your family and home safer, you may be eligible for discounts of up to 10%.
There are other discounts, but these are a few of the most common. Ask your agent if you're eligible for other price breaks.
Standard Texas Homeowners Insurance Coverage
- Dwelling: A standard Texas homeowners insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to pay for the replacement or repair of your home if it is destroyed or damaged by a covered peril.
- Other Structures: Detached garages, sheds, and fences are protected from covered perils.
- Contents/Personal Property: Helps protect furniture, electronics, clothing, and other personal property.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, this helps pay for alternative accommodations and living expenses while it's being repaired or rebuilt.
- Personal Liability Protection: Helps if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue.
- Medical Payments: Offers reimbursement for medical bills if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and doesn't file a lawsuit.
Will Your Coverage Weather the Storms in Texas?
Even the storms are bigger in Texas. In fact, the Weather Channel named Texas as the #1 most disastrous state in the U.S. Since 1953, the state has seen 86 presidentially declared weather disasters. Texans experience tornadoes, floods, windstorms, wildfires, and regular coastal hurricanes. While many of these perils are covered by standard home insurance policies, floods are not and some policyholders have opted out of wind coverage to cut their premium. With the unpredictable nature of Mother Nature, it's never a good idea to sacrifice coverage to cut costs.
Review your current policy and see what perils are covered and which are not. You may need to adjust your coverage to keep your home fully protected. If you live in an area prone to flooding, you should seriously consider purchasing a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Check here to see if your community sits in a flood hazard zone.
For additional information about specific Texas homeowners insurance laws and regulations, visit the Texas Department of Insurance website.