Compare Alabama home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
Alabama Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Great homeowners insurance in the "Heart of Dixie" can be difficult to find, but homeownersinsurance.com can help. Our agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to find you Alabama homeowners insurance quotes to fit your needs. Call us at 1-877-919-2740 or fill out the form above so that we can start working for you.
Homeowners insurance protection from Alabama storms
You know that "stars fell on Alabama," but a lot of precipitation does, too. In fact, Alabama experiences 70 to 80 days of thunderstorms a year on average, and its location in the Southeast leaves it vulnerable to tropical storms and hurricanes as well. Parts of the state also experience frequent flooding.
The "Heart of Dixie" also has another name: Dixie Alley. The state is tied with Kansas for the most E5 tornadoes in the U.S. and experiences more tornado fatalities than any other state. Part of what makes tornadoes so deadly here is a secondary tornado season in November and December in addition to the one in early spring.
The good news: tornado, wind, and thunderstorm damage receive coverage under a standard Alabama homeowners insurance policy. The bad: flooding and some hurricane
Click on your Alabama city below to learn more about homeowners insurance in your area:
Home insurance rates in Alabama
Homeowners in Alabama are paying around $1043.00 for home insurance as of March of 2014. Rates have increased since February when Alabama homeowners insurance premiums were approximately $1041.00. The rate of $1043/year reflects standard coverage and does not include flood or earthquake damage which is covered under a separate policy.
Your neighbors' home insurance rates
If you've ever wondered what others pay for Alabama home insurance, now's your chance to find out. Your curiosity could pay off because the more you know about home insurance premiums, the better idea you have about what you should pay for coverage. Homeownersinsurance.com has listed below its last five homeowners insurance policies sold in Alabama.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$890†||$886†||$1,201†||$1,606†||$717†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Basement||Slab|
|Lot Size||11,325 Sq Ft||14,984 Sq Ft||7,750 Sq Ft||28,600 Sq Ft||13,503 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,673 Sq Ft||1,774 Sq Ft||1,416 Sq Ft||2,140 Sq Ft||1,868 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Alabama home insurance discounts
No matter how your rates compare with those of other Alabamans, you should look for ways to save. Agents with homeownersinsurance.com can help you find the discounts for which you might qualify. Some common ways to save include:
- Bundling: Purchasing your auto insurance and your Alabama home insurance through the same provider could earn a price break of up to 20%.
- Non-smoking: If no one in your household smokes, you could save on your monthly premiums.
- Fire safety: Smoke detectors and sprinklers could save your life, and they also could save your budget by qualifying you for a homeowners insurance price break.
- Security: Protect your wallet along with your possessions by earning a discount for your home security system and deadbolt locks.
- New home: If your home was built within the last 10 years, it could earn you a price break.
Standard coverage for Alabama homeowners insurance
You may be surprised that homeowners insurance protects much more than the structure of your home. In fact, a standard policy typically includes the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your home from specified perils. Additional structures on your property such as sheds and detached garages receive protection from Other Structures.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes damaged in a covered event and you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, your policy can help pay for any hotel or restaurant bills that you accrue.
- Personal Property: Your policy protects the contents of your home from theft or damage from covered events.
- Medical Payments: If non-family members sustain injuries on your property and do not take you to court, your Alabama homeowners insurance policy can help pay for their medical bills.
- Personal Liability: If non-family members become injured on your property and decide to sue, your policy can cover any legal expenses or final judgments.
Find out more at the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Customize your Alabama homeowners insurance quotes
For more information about Alabama homeowners insurance. Call us at 1-877-919-2740 or fill out the form above to start with your quote.