Compare Idaho home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
Idaho Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Finding Idaho homeowners insurance quotes that fit your needs and your budget can seem impossible. Sometimes homeowners find the process so frustrating they end up going with the first and only quote they get.
Without comparison shopping, you could be stuck with a high premium and not enough coverage. When you use HomeownersInsurance.com, shopping for home insurance is simple. We get you up to eight Idaho homeowners insurance quotes from top providers and help compare prices and coverage options. Why settle for one quote when you can have multiple options?
Agents at HomeownersInsurance.com understand that Idaho homeowners want an affordable insurance without sacrificing coverage, which is why our agents take time to customize a policy that fits both your needs and your budget.
Check our most recent Idaho homeowners insurance quotes
Want to get an idea of how much you might pay for homeowners insurance in the Gem State? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Idaho by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind factors like square footage and location affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$253†||$209†||$623†||$500†||$344†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space|
|Lot Size||6,490 Sq Ft||6,534 Sq Ft||8,276 Sq Ft||181,645 Sq Ft||435,600 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,135 Sq Ft||2,375 Sq Ft||2,270 Sq Ft||2,809 Sq Ft||1,354 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Challenge one of our agents today and see how much he or she can save you on your homeowners insurance premium. Just enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-919-2740 and we'll tailor your Idaho homeowners insurance quotes to fit your specific needs.
Home insurance rates in Idaho
The average Idaho home insurance rate in March 2014 was $516.00. It appears that rates have increased since February when average rates in Idaho were around $410.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Idaho homeowners insurance rates can change monthly, so it's always a good idea to be looking for ways to save on your homeowners insurance premium. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find lower rates and taking advantage of available discounts.
Fortunately, homeowners who work with HomeownersInsurance.com have access to a variety of discounts across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: When you bundle your home and auto policies you'll enjoy both convenience and savings. Homeowners who keep their policies with one provider often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Security: Home security systems can be a big deterrent to burglars and installing one in your home can qualify you for savings of up to 20%.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems are crucial when it comes to stopping fires in your home and insurance providers like to offer discounts of up to 10% for homes that have these safety items.
Standard Idaho homeowners insurance coverage
A good starting point in buying a homeowners policy is understanding what's included in one. The following coverages typically are provided in a standard policy:
- Dwelling: Standard Idaho homeowners insurance protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Covers detached buildings on your property, including detached garages, sheds, fences, etc. in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal property inside your home in the event items are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include such things as furniture, electronics and clothing. High-value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Can provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
- Personal Liability: Standard ID policies provide financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be responsible for if someone gets hurt on your property but doesn't sue you.
Severe weather protection for your Idaho home
Homeowners in the Gem State should be aware of potential Idaho weather threats. Idaho's weather varies greatly across the state, but from the mountains to the plains, each region deals with some form of severe weather. With severe weather being one of the largest causes of home insurance claims in the U.S. each year, it's important to know specific threats to the area you live in.
Idahoans will be happy to know that standard home insurance policies offer coverage for a wide variety of perils such as hail, lightning, wind, snow, ice and fire. The two main perils not covered by standard homeowners insurance are earthquakes and floods.
To add flood protection to your home you can purchase a separate flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Flooding can happen anywhere and purchasing a flood policy is something that all homeowners should seriously consider. With the average flood claim being $42,000, you can't afford leaving your investment up to chance.
For more information on insurance in the state of Idaho, visit the Idaho Department of Insurance.