Compare Kansas home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
Kansas Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Shopping for Kansas homeowners insurance has never been easier. At HomeownersInsurance.com, our agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to bring you the winning combination of coverage and premiums. Just call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above to protect your home today.
Homeowners insurance for Kansas protection
Though its nickname is the "Sunflower State," the weather outlook in Kansas is not always sunny. In fact, competing weather extremes can spur thunderstorms statewide, especially in the spring and early summer. These storms can turn into supercell thunderstorms, and create tornadoes, hail, flash flooding, and straight line winds.
Kansas is located in Tornado Alley and experiences more than 50 tornadoes every year (more than any other state except Texas). Though a standard Kansas home insurance policy covers tornado, wind, and thunderstorm damage, providers typically exclude flood damage from protection. If you live near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Home insurance rates in Kansas
Homeowners insurance premiums in Kansas were around $1142.00 in March of 2014 when they decreased from $1182 in February. These rates reflect average premiums on new sold policies by HomeInsurance.com. A standard policy will cover the structure of the buildings on the property, the contents of the home, liability for the homeowner(s), medical payments and loss of use expenses.
Kansas home insurance discounts
Looking for ways to keep a sunny outlook in the face of Kansas' storms? Try qualifying for Kansas homeowners insurance discounts. Call us and we can find the price breaks that best fit your life. Some common ways to save include:
- Bundle: Saving up to 20% on your homeowners insurance premiums is easy. Simply purchase your auto and home insurance through the same carrier.
- New home: If your home was built within the last 10 years, you could earn a price break.
- Fire safety: Though tornadoes present the main danger for Kansas residents, providers in the state also wish to avoid wildfires. You could earn a discount by installing smoke detectors or sprinklers in your home.
- Non-smoker: You also could save if no one in your household smokes.
- Retiree: Retired homeowners older than 55 years could qualify for retiree discounts for their primary residence.
Your neighbors' Kansas homeowners insurance premiums
Curiosity can benefit you when shopping for Kansas homeowners insurance quotes, because knowing what fellow residents pay in premiums could help you determine what deals suit you best. HomeownersInsurance.com has listed the last 5 Kansas home insurance policies sold by our agents below. Use these premiums as a general outline, but remember that costs may vary based on house type and individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,226†||$1,476†||$1,016†||$1,714†||$1,777†|
|Carrier||Liberty Mutual||MetLife||Safeco||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual|
|Foundation type||Slab||Basement||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement|
|Lot Size||64,904 Sq Ft||10,890 Sq Ft||12,150 Sq Ft||35,000 Sq Ft||6,534 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||2,509 Sq Ft||1,826 Sq Ft||1,290 Sq Ft||2,284 Sq Ft||1,994 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas|
Standard homeowners insurance coverage
You know what you pay; now find out what you pay for. Your policy is made up of several different parts and covers more aspects of your home life than simply the structure of your home. The main types of coverage in a standard policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Any structures on your property receive protection from your policy, whether they are part of your home's structure (Dwelling) or detached from it (Other Structures).
- Loss of Use: If the structure of your home becomes damaged and uninhabitable in a covered event, Loss of Use can help you pay the restaurant and hotel bills you accrue while displaced.
- Personal Property: Your homeowners insurance policy safeguards the contents of your home from named perils such as fire and theft.
- Medical Payments: If someone becomes injured on your property and decides not to sue, your policy can help you pay the medical bills involved.
- Personal Liability: If a non-family member sustains an injury on your property and takes you to court, your policy can help pay any legal fees and the final judgment.
Still have questions about what's in homeowners insurance in Kansas? Contact the Kansas Insurance Department.
Find Kansas homeowners insurance quotes in your city
To get started with a customized quote, call us at 1-877-234-0731 or enter your information above.