Compare Utah home insurance quotes in 5 minutes or less.
Utah Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Finding the most competitive Utah homeowners insurance quotes can seem like an uphill battle. Many times homeowners find the process so frustrating they end up going with the first and only quote they get. When you use HomeownersInsurance.com, finding the right policy is a breeze. We can secure up to eight Utah homeowners insurance quotes from top providers and work to compare prices and coverage options for you. Why settle for one quote?
Agents at HomeownersInsurance.com understand that Utah homeowners want affordable insurance coverage without sacrificing coverage, which is why our agents take time to customize a policy that fits both your needs and your budget.
Check our most recent Utah homeowners insurance quotes
Want to get an idea of how much you might pay for Utah homeowners insurance? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Utah by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind factors like square footage and location affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$536†||$803†||$359†||$354†||$445†|
|Lot Size||7,841 Sq Ft||N/A||10,062 Sq Ft||20,909 Sq Ft||8,276 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,389 Sq Ft||N/A||1,962 Sq Ft||2,394 Sq Ft||2,146 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Find out how much you can save on your home insurance premium by entering you ZIP code in the form above or by calling us directly at 1-877-919-2740. We'll deliver Utah homeowners insurance quotes tailored to your specific needs.
Home insurance rates in Utah
Homeowners in Utah are paying around $454.00 for home insurance as of March of 2014. Rates have decreased since February when Utah homeowners insurance premiums were approximately $485.00. The rate of $454/year reflects standard coverage and does not include flood or earthquake damage which is covered under a separate policy.
Regardless of whether average Utah homeowners insurance rates rise or fall, you can always take steps to save more on your homeowners insurance premium. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find lower premiumsand taking advantage of available discounts. Utah residents who work with HomeownersInsurance.com have access to a variety of discounts across multiple providers.
Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: When you bundle your home and auto policies, you can experience both convenience and savings. Homeowners who keep their policies with one provider often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Security: Home security systems can be a big deterrent to burglars and while keeping your home safe they can also qualify you for savings of up to 15%.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems are crucial when it comes limiting fire damage in your home, and insurance providers often offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety items.
Standard Utah homeowners insurance coverage
Are you familiar with what typically comes with a standard home insurance policy? Here's the roundup:
- Dwelling: Standard Utah homeowners insurance protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Covers other buildings on your property, such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc., in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for belongings inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing. High value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Provides coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
- Personal Liability Protection: Standard UT policies provide financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be held responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Severe weather protection for your Utah home
Homeowners in the Beehive State should be aware of its potential weather threats. After all, severe weather is one of the largest causes of home insurance claims in the U.S. each year. Utah experiences extreme weather changes with the seasons. In the summer, most of the state is extremely dry and very hot. Come winter, Utah becomes a ski destination with lots of snow and extreme cold.
UT residents will be happy to know that standard Utah homeowners insurance usually offers coverage for weather-related damages from ice and snow. Standard policies also offer coverage for a variety of other perils such as hail, lightning, wind and fire.
The two main perils not covered by standard homeowners insurance are earthquakes and floods. To add flood protection to your home, you can purchase a separate flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Programs. Flooding can happen anywhere and purchasing a flood policy is something that all homeowners should seriously consider. To learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program, visit its website.
For more information on insurance in the state of Utah, visit the Utah Department of Insurance.