Homeowners Insurance Discounts can Lower Your Premiums
Homeowners insurance discounts provide another reason to use HomeownersInsurance.com to find protection for your largest investment. That's because our licensed agents, in addition to comparing up to eight quotes from top-rated carriers to find the lowest premium for your coverage, will work to find homeowners insurance discounts to lower your bill even more.
That's where the expertise of HomeownersInsurance.com agents comes into play. Homeowners insurance discounts vary widely by provider and even by state, but our agents are familiar with what's available in all situations.
How much can you save with homeowners insurance discounts? Some price breaks can reduce your premium by as much as 20%. That's why it's important to get every discount for which you qualify.
Homeowners insurance discounts – why providers offer them
So why do providers offer homeowners insurance discounts? After all, most companies aren't in the habit of finding ways to reduce bills for consumers who purchase their products.
But there's a sound strategy behind the use of homeowners insurance discounts. Carriers offer them to encourage behavior that will result in fewer claims – that's good for the policyholder and the provider.
Remember, insurers are in the business of evaluating risk. They love it when you reduce the chance that you'll have a problem that will become their business.
Prevent fires and win homeowners insurance discounts
Some homeowners insurance discounts reward homeowners who are savvy in fire safety. Why? Fires are one of the most expensive payouts for home insurance companies. The average payout exceeds $34,000, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III), so you can see how eliminating fires or at least reducing their scope would be important to providers.
The result? These three price breaks can come into play:
- Nonsmokers. Smoking tobacco products is a major cause of dwelling fires. Households in which no one smokes significantly reduces the chance of a blaze. That's why these holders can get a homeowners insurance discount of as much as 20%.
- Smoke alarms. Put these systems on all levels of a home and in every bedroom and you could receive a price break of as much as 5%. Why? Because the early notice gives the homeowner an opportunity to contact a fire department sooner. That can result in much less damage from a house fire.
- Sprinkler systems. Again, sprinklers can douse a fire quickly or at least slow it down until firefighters arrive – meaning there could be much less damage to the home and a much lower claim to pay.
Protecting against break-ins and homeowners insurance discounts
Theft is the fourth-most common reason for claims against homeowners insurance. According to FBI statistics, a break-in occurs every 16 seconds in the U.S.; the average payout is more than $3,400, according to the III. Discounts for measures that make it harder to break into your home give you incentives to avoid these claims.
Check out these two price breaks:
- Security systems. Homes without security systems are 300% more likely to suffer break-ins. That's why having a monitored security system can win you a price break of up to 10% - enough in many cases to pay the monthly monitoring fee – and sometimes more.
- Deadbolt locks. Premium relief also often is available without installing a security system. Just having deadbolt locks on all exterior doors – and you probably already do – can win a homeowners insurance discount of up to 5%.
You and your house – more homeowners insurance discounts
Finally, some homeowners insurance discounts are tied directly to qualities around you and your home. These most often are used to encourage behaviors the insurer prefers. Check out these price breaks:
- Bundle. Most home insurance providers also sell auto, RV, boat and other types of insurance. Buy more than one policy from a provider and you can save money on your premiums. The home/auto bundle, for example, can win you a homeowners insurance discount of up to 20%.
- 55 or older, retired. You also can get up to 20% off your premium if you fit both parts of this category. Why? Most break-ins occur when no one's home.
- Claims-free. If you haven't filed a claim in 10 years, you could receive a discount of up to 20%.
- New home. If your home was built within the past 10 years, you could receive a 20% discount. The reason – a newer roof and modern electrical, plumbing and heating and cooling systems are much less likely to fail.
How do I get homeowners insurance discounts?
Getting homeowners insurance discounts isn't complicated. All you have to do is call 1-877-579-4133 or enter your ZIP code in the form above. The licensed agents from HomeownerInsurance.com will take it from there.
You'll be asked a series of questions about you, your home, and other matters. Some are to get a quote; others are to further the discount process.
Get started today and find great coverage at a fair price on your homeowners insurance. Discounts are just the cherry on top. Don't delay it any longer! Call 1-877-579-4133 now!