Does home insurance cover jewelry?
While a homeowners insurance policy does typically provide coverage for jewelry, this coverage has its limitations. For example, your policy may only cover $1500 worth of jewelry for any particular claim. If the jewelry in your home exceeds that limit, you may want to add a separate rider on your policy to cover those items.
Check with your insurance agent about the specific limits on your policy.
Related Home Insurance FAQs:
- Why is the replacement cost so high? I didn't pay that much to buy it.
- What does my policy cover?
- After I renovate my home, do I need additional home insurance coverage?
- If my household appliances cause water damage does my home insurance cover that?
- What's the difference between replacement cost and actual cost value?