If my household appliances cause water damage does my home insurance cover that?
This really depends on what caused your household appliances to leak. If your appliance was damaged in a covered peril then the water damage may be covered under your homeowners insurance. However, if your appliance broke down due to age or poor maintenance, this would not be covered under your homeowners insurance policy.
Related Home Insurance FAQs:
- Why is the replacement cost so high? I didn't pay that much to buy it.
- What does my policy cover?
- After I renovate my home, do I need additional home insurance coverage?
- What's the difference between replacement cost and actual cost value?
- What is a home warranty and does it cover the same thing as home insurance?