What does my policy cover?
A standard home insurance policy typically covers fire, lightning, tornadoes, windstorms, hail, explosion, smoke, vandalism and theft. You can add protection for floods, earthquakes, water/sewer backup and identity theft, none of which are covered in standard policies. We also can help you increase limits for high-value items such as jewelry, furs, artwork and collectibles, which may not be fully protected in a standard policy.
Related Home Insurance FAQs:
- Why is the replacement cost so high? I didn't pay that much to buy it.
- After I renovate my home, do I need additional home insurance coverage?
- If my household appliances cause water damage does my home insurance cover that?
- What's the difference between replacement cost and actual cost value?
- What is a home warranty and does it cover the same thing as home insurance?