What does renter's insurance cover?
Renter's insurance is a type of property insurance for tenants that provides them with protection for their personal belongings inside of a rental property. It is different from a standard home insurance policy as it does not provide coverage for the actual home itself. Instead, it offers protection for the renter's contents which may include furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.
A renter's policy may also provide reimbursement for living expenses if the home you are renting is damaged due to a covered peril and you must find other arrangements while it is being repaired.
Related Home Insurance FAQs:
- Why is the replacement cost so high? I didn't pay that much to buy it.
- What does my policy cover?
- After I renovate my home, do I need additional home insurance coverage?
- If my household appliances cause water damage does my home insurance cover that?
- What's the difference between replacement cost and actual cost value?