What Is Covered by Homeowners Insurance
Every homeowners insurance policy is different, so your coverage depends on your plan.
A standard homeowners insurance policy typically includes six types of coverage. You can learn more about coverage on our Homeowners Insurance 101 page.
- Dwelling: Covers the structural components of your home.
- Other: Covers detached garages, sheds, fences, and other structures on your property.
- Contents: Covers for personal items and household contents.
- Loss of Use: Financial support for additional living expenses in the event that you can't live in your home because of damage from a covered claim.
- Personal Liability: Coverage if someone files a lawsuit against you for an injury or property damage.
- Medical: Covers medical expenses if an injured person agrees not to sue.