Alaska Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Whether you own a family home in Juneau or a small cabin in Fairbanks or a place somewhere else in the state, you need an Alaska homeowners insurance policy you can count on to protect your investment. Give Homeownersinsurance.com agents a call and work one-on-one with a dedicated agent to get you a free quote and great coverage. Can't call? Just fill out the quote form above and one of our licensed agents will get back to you.
Alaska Homeowners Insurance Discounts
Homeownersinsurance.com agents can help you find discounts you may qualify for. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about to see whether you can reduce your Alaska home insurance premiums:
- Bundling: When customers bundle their home and auto policies with one provider they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%. You also have the convenience of dealing with only one carrier for both coverages.
- Claims-free: AK homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers; they often receive discounts of up to 10%.
- New Home: Did you know new homes are considered to be safer? Maybe that's why home insurance carriers offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that are fewer than 10 years old.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems play a vital role when it comes to stopping fires in your home, and insurance providers can offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety items.
Standard Alaska homeowners insurance coverage
You should know what you're buying when you purchase Alaska homeowners insurance. Here is what's typically in a standard policy:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail, or fire.
- Other Structures: Standard Alaska homeowners insurance covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc., in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal property inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics, and clothing. High-value items may require additional coverage. Even though burglary rates in Juneau are lower than average, you still need this protection in case it happens to you!
- Loss of Use: Standard AK policies provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be held responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Is your Alaska home fully covered?
Whether you’re by the coast in Juneau or further inland in Fairbanks, the state of Alaska experiences its own unique set of natural threats that could potentially endanger your home. Alaska is well known for its harsh winter weather. Between the snow, ice and subzero temperatures, your home could be susceptible to some serious damage. Luckily, standard AK homeowners insurance covers damage from snow and ice.
Standard Alaska homeowners insurance also covers damage from wind, lightning, hail, and fire. Earthquakes and floods are not covered by standard home policies. For these perils, homeowners would need to purchase separate policies. Homeowners can purchase a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance program. Remember, bad weather can be unexpected and when it comes to your biggest investment it's best to cover all the bases. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
Need more information?
Have other questions about Alaska homeowners insurance? Check out the Alaska Division of Insurance.
|Delta Junction||Eagle River||Eielson AFB||Elmendorf AFB|