Colorado Homeowners Insurance Quotes
When you are looking for Colorado homeowners insurance quotes, there's nothing worse than spending hours on the phone working with a handful of agents only to waste your time by getting quoted high premiums. With HomeownersInsurance.com, you can work one-on-one with a licensed, unbiased agent who will find you a great price by soliciting not one but multiple competitive quotes from top providers.
Whether you live in Denver, Colorado Springs, Aurora, or elsewhere in Colorado, we’ll help you find the policy best suited for your unique insurance needs. Simply fill out the quote form above or give us a call!
Home insurance premiums in Colorado
Homeowners insurance premiums in Colorado were around $1124.00 in October of 2015 when they decreased from $1135 in September. These values reflect average premiums on new sold policies by HomeInsurance.com. A standard policy will cover the structure of the buildings on the property, the contents of the home, liability for the homeowner(s), medical payments and loss of use expenses.
You may not have control over average Colorado homeowners insurance rates but you can control what you are paying for your own home insurance premium. Even if you have a great rate, there are probably even more ways for you to save.
Home insurance experts recommend shopping coverage once a year for the best rates and taking advantage of the many discounts out there. Here are a few of the most common discounts that you may want to ask your home insurance agent about:
- Security: Security alarms, deadbolt locks, and smoke alarms can mean savings of up to 10%, not to mention a safer home.
- Home and Auto Bundle: Save up to 20% by conveniently bundling your home and auto policies with one provider.
- New Home: Is your home less than 10 years old? If it is, you could save up to 20% on your premium.
The most recent Colorado homeowners insurance quotes
Curious about what your Colorado neighbors are saving on their home insurance? We'll offer you a quick glimpse! Below are the details of the last five policies written in Colorado by HomeownersInsurance.com agents.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,310†||$968†||$707†||$628†||$547†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement||Basement||Basement|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Why be on the outside looking in when you can get your own competitive quotes? Just enter you ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-919-2740 to get personalized Colorado homeowners insurance quotes.
Standard Colorado homeowners insurance coverage
Curious about the coverages that typically come with standard Colorado homeowners insurance? Here they are:
- Dwelling: A standard Colorado homeowners insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to pay for the replacement or repair of the home if it's damaged in a covered peril.
- Other Structures: Other structures such as detached garages or sheds would also be protected from covered perils by a standard home insurance policy.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers reimbursement for the belongings inside your home such as furniture, electronics, clothing and other personal property, if they're stolen or damaged by a covered peril. For special items such as expensive jewelry, art, or collectibles you can schedule an endorsement to provide full coverage for those items. The threat from theft might not be high in some cities – Aurora, Colorado Springs, and Denver all ranked below average for burglary rates in the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, it's nice to have protection if you need it.
- Loss of Use: If your Colorado home is damaged in a covered peril, Loss of Use coverage pays for alternative accommodations and living expenses while your home is uninhabitable.
- Personal Liability Protection: Offers financial protection in the event someone is hurt on your property and plans to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for medical bills if someone is injured on your property and doesn't sue you.
Does your coverage stand up against Colorado weather?
As CO residents, you should be aware of the severe weather that can threaten your area. Colorado sees tornados, wildfires, and even flooding despite being a very dry state. While CBS News selected Denver as one of the Top 10 Safest U.S. Cities from Natural Disasters, parts of Colorado were devastated by floods in September 2013.
While standard homeowners policies provide coverage for most weather related perils, earthquakes and flooding are typically excluded. For flood coverage homeowners should purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Every homeowner should consider flood insurance even if they don't live in a flood plain. Many of the areas devastated by the Colorado flooding weren't in flood plains either, which means it can happen anywhere. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program and make an informed decision.
Looking for more insurance information for the state of Colorado? Visit the Colorado Department of Insurance website.
|Castle Rock||Coal Creek||Colorado Springs||Commerce City|
|Evergreen||Glenwood Springs||Golden||Grand Junction|
|Steamboat Springs||Sterling||Telluride||U S A F Academy|