Connecticut Homeowners Insurance Quotes
When it comes to protecting an investment as big as your home, you want Connecticut homeowners insurance coverage that can offer you peace of mind at a great price. If you are searching for an affordable policy that doesn't sacrifice coverage, then look no further than HomeownersInsurance.com. Our dedicated, licensed insurance agents will work with you one-on-one and compare multiple Connecticut homeowners insurance quotes from top providers until they find the right policy for you.
From Hartford to Manchester or New Britain, when you call a HomeownersInsurance.com agent, you can expect to receive up to eight Connecticut homeowners insurance quotes from leading carriers. Through our apples-to-apples comparisons, you can rest easy knowing you got the best Connecticut homeowners insurance policy out there.
Check out our most recent Connecticut homeowners insurance quotes
Want to see how much other Connecticut residents are paying for homeowners insurance? Below are the details of the last five policies written in Connecticut by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Remember factors such as square footage and location can affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,051†||$870†||$1,002†||$547†||$639†|
|Lot Size||24,393 Sq Ft||30,056 Sq Ft||20,473 Sq Ft||30,056 Sq Ft||26,136 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,683 Sq Ft||2,520 Sq Ft||1,869 Sq Ft||1,512 Sq Ft||1,824 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Oil||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Oil||Central Oil|
Contact us today and see whether you are paying too much for home insurance. Enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get personalized Connecticut homeowners insurance quotes.
Home insurance premiums in Connecticut
The average Connecticut home insurance premium in April 2015 was $764.00. It appears that premiums have increased since March when average premiums in Connecticut were around $756.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Regardless of which way average Connecticut homeowners insurance rates vary from month to month, you usually can save more on your home insurance premium. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find lower rates and take advantage of available discounts. Homeowners who work with HomeownersInsurance.com have access to a variety of discounts across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: When you bundle your home and auto policies, you can experience both convenience and savings. Homeowners who keep their policies with one provider often receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Security: Home security systems can be a big deterrent to burglars, and while keeping your home safe, they can also qualify you for savings of up to 20%.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems are crucial when it comes to stopping fires in your home, and insurance providers often offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety items.
Standard Connecticut homeowners insurance coverage
You know you need home insurance, but do you know what's included in a standard policy. The following protections typically are included in a standard policy.
- Dwelling: Standard Connecticut homeowners insurance protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Other Structures: Covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc. in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: by a covered peril. Protected items include furniture, electronics, and clothing. It's worth remembering that some high value items may require additional coverage. This is useful whether you live in Hartford, where the burglary rate is lower than the national average according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, or New Britain, where it is higher, and you want to have any stolen items replaced.
- Loss of Use: Provides coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim.
Many people don't realize that standard homeowners protection also typically includes coverage if someone is injured on your property:
- Personal Liability Protection: tandard CT policies provide financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: elps cover medical expenses that you might be help responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Is your Connecticut home protected against floods?
Part of being a responsible, well-informed homeowner is knowing which perils are covered by your policy. Standard Connecticut homeowners insurance policies often include coverage for wind, hail, lightning, fire and theft. However, you should know a standard CT policy doesn't include flood coverage.
With Connecticut's proximity to the coast, homeowners should be wary of flooding from hurricanes and other severe storms. It wasn't too long ago that Northeasterners dealt with the wrath of Superstorm Sandy, which left many homes in deep water. To protect your home from a flood, purchase a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
Not sure what perils are covered by your home insurance? Review your policy and consult an agent if you have questions regarding your coverage. You may need to make adjustments in order to maintain total protection.
For more general information on insurance in Connecticut, visit the Connecticut Department of Insurance.
|Milford||Monroe||New Britain||New Haven|
|New London||Newington||Newtown||North Haven|
|Rocky Hill||Sandy Hook||Seymour||Shelton|
|West Hartford||West Haven||Westport||Wethersfield|