Delaware Homeowners Insurance Quotes
It doesn't matter whether you're seeking protection for your home in Dover, Newark, Wilmington or another Delaware city; our licensed agents are here to help. Ready to see how much you can save by working with a HomeownersInsurance.com agent? Take a minute to fill out the quote form above or call 1-877-234-0731 and an agent will get you a free Delaware homeowners insurance quote right away.
See our most recent Delaware homeowners insurance quotes
DE residents who buy policies from HomeownersInsurance.com can save a lot. Want to get an idea of how much? From Dover to Wilmington and other parts of the state, below are the details of the last five policies written in Delaware by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Don't forget that certain factors will affect the premium (i.e. square footage, location, etc.).
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$675†||$547†||$735†||$650†||$1,027†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Slab||Slab||Basement||Crawl Space|
|Lot Size||10,019 Sq Ft||7,841 Sq Ft||12,632 Sq Ft||25,700 Sq Ft||18,048 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,744 Sq Ft||1,704 Sq Ft||1,750 Sq Ft||2,590 Sq Ft||N/A|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Oil|
Average Delaware homeowners insurance rates can change quickly, which means at any given time you could be paying too much for homeowners insurance. You always want to be aware of the local average in comparison to what you are paying. But whether rates are up or down, there can be ways to save. Home insurance experts recommend homeowners shop annually for coverage and search for available discounts. Luckily, at HomeownersInsurance.com we do the discount detective work for you.
Here are some common discounts for which your DE policy may qualify:
- Bundling: When customers conveniently bundle their home and auto policies with one provider they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%.
- Claims-free: DE homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be a lower risk for insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 10%.
- New Home: Did you know new homes are considered to be safer? Maybe that's why home insurance carriers offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that are less than 10 years old.
- Fire: Smoke alarms and sprinkler systems can prevents fires from growing out of control in your home and insurance providers like to offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that have these safety products.
- Security: Home security systems can qualify you for savings of up to 20% and keep your home better protected against intruders.
Standard Delaware homeowners insurance coverage
What coverages typically are part of a standard Delaware homeowners policy? Check it out:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against covered losses. Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss.
- Other Structures: Standard Delaware homeowners insurance policies protect structures on your property besides your home, including detached garages and sheds.
- Contents/Personal Property: Standard DE policies also offer contents coverage for all the personal property inside your home. This can include furniture, electronics, clothing and other personal belongings.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, Loss of Use can reimburse you for your living expenses while your home is being repaired.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for the medical bills of someone other than you or a family member who is injured on your property and doesn't sue you.
Flood Protection for Delaware Residents
Standard Delaware homeowners insurance provides coverage for weather perils including wind, lightning, hail, ice, snow and fire. However, standard Delaware homeowners insurance policies do not provide coverage for damage from earthquakes or floods. For these perils, homeowners must purchase separate policies.
Homeowners who need to purchase a flood policy can do so through the National Flood Insurance Program. Keep in mind that even if your home isn't located on a flood plain, it could still be at risk. Superstorm Sandy devastated many unsuspecting Northeastern homeowners in 2012 with its rising waters. With Delaware's proximity to the coast, it's never a bad idea to add coverage in case of an Atlantic hurricane.
Questions about Delaware homeowners insurance? Visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
|Dover||Dover AFB||Fenwick Island||Frederica|
|Newark||Ocean View||Odessa||Rehoboth Beach|