Washington, D.C., Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Is searching for Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance quotes stressing you out? Take a deep breath and let HomeownersInsurance.com do all the heavy listing. Our licensed agents can give you up to eight quotes from top providers in the District and help you compare price and coverage options in a snap.
Our agents understand D.C. residents want an affordable policy without sacrificing coverage. When you work with HomeownersInsurance.com, you can get both. We'll help you customize a policy with peace of mind coverage at a price you can afford.
Multiple Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance quotes are just a click or call away. Simply fill out the quote form above or call 1-877-234-0731 and one of our dedicated agents will start finding you the most competitive quotes available.
Recent Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance quotes
Wondering how much others are paying for homeowners insurance in Washington, D.C.? Take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Washington, D.C., by HomeownersInsurance.com agents.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$401†||$652†||$1,267†||$1,117†||$7,839†|
|Carrier||ASI||Travelers||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Travelers|
|Lot Size||3,175 Sq Ft||5,000 Sq Ft||5,061 Sq Ft||1,750 Sq Ft||4,813 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,200 Sq Ft||1,667 Sq Ft||1,422 Sq Ft||1,160 Sq Ft||1,464 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Get your own personalized quotes today! Simply enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 and an agent will customize multiple Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance quotes just for you.
Washington, D.C., Homeowners insurance discounts
Comparison shopping is a great way to find a low premium for Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance, but it never hurts to look for more ways to lower your monthly payment. Home insurance experts recommend shopping coverage annually so you can be sure you have the best rate available.
Experts also recommend taking advantage of available discounts. Agents at HomeownersInsurance.com will even find the discounts for you. Here are some common price breaks you may want to ask your agent about:
- Bundling: Purchase your auto policy and your Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance policy through the same provider and you could earn up to 20% in price breaks on your monthly premiums.
- Security: Home security systems can be a big deterrent to burglars. While keeping your home safe, they also can qualify you for savings of up to 10% and sometimes more.
- Fire: The average cost of a house fire is $33,000, so providers reward safe homeowners by offering lower rates to homes with sprinkler systems, smoke detectors, and non-smoking families.
- New Home: Did you know that buying new or owning a home that's less than 10 years old can qualify you for lower premiums?
Standard Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance coverage
Do you know what's typically included in a standard Washington, D.C., home insurance policy? Six types of coverage, namely:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail, or fire.
- Other Structures: Standard Washington, D.C., homeowners insurance offers coverage for detached buildings on your property such as sheds, separate garages, fences, etc., in the event of a covered event.
- Contents/Personal Property: Provides protection for items inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing.
- Loss of Use: Standard policies can provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Gives you financial protection in the event that a visitor is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: If someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you, this protection can help with medical bills.
Capital-worthy protection for District residents
While D.C. may be the nation's capital, your home is your family's capital, which is why it deserves the best protection. Standard Washington D.C. homeowners insurance offers coverage for most weather perils including wind, lightning, hail, ice, snow and fire.
However, standard D.C. homeowners insurance policies do not provide coverage for damage from earthquakes or floods. For these perils, homeowners would need to purchase separate policies.
The District's location may protect it from some East Coast hurricanes, however, it's not uncommon for D.C. residents to still experience strong thunderstorms. And while the Atlantic Ocean may not be as much of a threat, the Potomac River can cause its own flooding problems. Even if you think your home isn't at risk, its not a bad idea for all homeowners to consider flood coverage through the National flood Insurance Program.
Weather can be unexpected and when it comes to your biggest investment it's best to cover all the bases. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program here.
Not sure what perils are covered by your home insurance? Review your policy and adjust your coverage if you aren't fully protected. Always refer back to your policy and contact your agent if you have questions regarding your coverage.
Need more information?
Visit The District of Columbia District of Columbia Department of Insurance & Securities Regulation.