Florida Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Searching for the most competitive Florida homeowners insurance quotes may have been a hassle in days gone by, but with HomeownersInsurance.com, it's never been easier. When you fill out the quick quote form above, our team of licensed agents will compare top-rated insurance providers head to head. From Naples to Hialeah, we'll help you protect your biggest investment at best rate possible.
Want to skip the form? Call one of our friendly agents directly at 1-877-234-0731. After a few questions, you'll be on your way to multiple Florida homeowners insurance quotes.
Don't worry, even though average Florida homeowners insurance rates fluctuate, there are still more ways to save on your home insurance. For example, insurance experts recommend that homeowners shop coverage at least once a year to get the most savings. Discounts are another great way to lower your Florida homeowners insurance premium.
Here are few discounts you can ask your agent about:
- Nonsmoker: Save up to 20% if no one in your household smokes.
- 55 or older, retired: Save up to 20%.
- Home and Auto Bundle: By simply keeping both your home and auto coverage with one provider, you could be rewarded with up to a 20% discount.
- Security system: If you have a monitored security alarm in your home you could save up to 10% on your home insurance premium. Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando and Tallahassee all have above average burglary rates, according to FBI crime statistics. Homeowners in these FL cities definitely won’t want to skimp on home security.
Talk to a licensed home insurance agent to see if you are eligible for these discounts and others. Keep in mind that discounts vary by provider.
See recent Florida homeowners insurance quotes
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$774†||$1,323†||$796†||$1,864†||$4,492†|
|Lot Size||23,291 Sq Ft||11,326 Sq Ft||10,367 Sq Ft||4,722 Sq Ft||16,970 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,963 Sq Ft||1,938 Sq Ft||3,141 Sq Ft||1,602 Sq Ft||3,086 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Electric|
Don't let your Florida neighbors get all the great quotes. Fill out the form above or call one of our agents at 1-877-234-0731 to see how much you can save by comparing Florida homeowners insurance quotes.
Standard Florida Homeowners Insurance Coverage
Here's what is typically included in a standard homeowners insurance policy:
- Personal Liability Protection: Offers help with legal expenses and potential awards if someone is injured on your property and plans to sue.
- Medical Payments: Helps pay the medical expenses of someone other than you or a family member who is injured on your property. This can be used in situations where no lawsuit is filed.
- Dwelling: This will help repair or replace your home in the event it is damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Other Structures: A standard Florida homeowners insurance policy would include this coverage for structures on your property besides your home such as a detached garage or fence that are damaged by covered perils.
- Contents/Personal Property: Protects the personal property inside your home including electronics, clothing, furniture and more.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes inhabitable from a covered peril, Loss of Use coverage will help pay for accommodations and living expenses.
How will your homeowners coverage fair in Florida's storms?
The Sunshine State is infamous for unpredictable weather, particularly of the hurricane variety. As Florida homeowners, you are most likely well aware of hurricane season and how to prepare your home if it's being threatened. However, you should also be sure your home has the proper insurance coverage.
Standard Florida homeowners insurance policies typically cover wind damage from hurricanes but when the waters start rising you could be in trouble without a separate flood policy. Whether you’re in Tampa or Fort Myers, standard home policies don't provide coverage for flood damage and because of this, Florida residents should seriously consider purchasing a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. Not sure if your community lies on a flood plain? Check here.
Florida is also home to another natural phenomenon – sinkholes. Usually sinkholes are classified with earthquakes as earth movement and are not covered by standard home insurance policies. However, in the state of Florida insurers are required to offer sinkhole coverage because they are so common. If you aren't sure sinkholes are covered in your policy, talk to your home insurance agent.
For additional information about specific Florida homeowners insurance laws and regulations, visit the Florida Department of Insurance website.
|Altamonte Springs||Boca Raton||Bonita Springs||Boynton Beach|
|Clarcona||Cocoa||Daytona Beach||Deerfield Beach|
|Neptune Beach||North Miami Beach||North Palm Beach||Ocala|
|Opa Locka||Orange Park||Orlando||Ormond Beach|
|Panama City||Pembroke Pines||Pensacola||Pinellas Park|
|Pompano Beach||Port Saint Lucie||Safety Harbor||Sarasota|
|Satellite Beach||Spring Hill||Stuart||Tallahassee|
|Tampa||Vero Beach||West Palm Beach||Winter Park|