Illinois Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you frustrated looking for the best Illinois homeowners insurance quotes? Call off the search because HomeownersInsurance.com has all best quotes from top-rated carriers in one place. Just fill out the easy quote form above and our teams of licensed agents will find you multiple competitive quotes and help you choose the policy that fits your needs. Whether you live in the heart of Chicago, in suburbs such as Northbrook or Wilmette, or elsewhere in Illinois, we’ll get you the peace of mind coverage you deserve at an affordable price.
Check our most recent Illinois homeowners insurance quotes!
Are you curious about what your neighbors are paying for homeowners insurance in Illinois? Take a glimpse at the details of the last five policies written in Illinois by HomeownersInsurance.com agents.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$850†||$888†||$1,330†||$530†||$682†|
|Lot Size||N/A||4,687 Sq Ft||13,987 Sq Ft||7,860 Sq Ft||N/A|
|Square Feet||N/A||1,912 Sq Ft||3,464 Sq Ft||1,587 Sq Ft||1,660 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
When you are ready to get your own competitive quotes, get started by entering your ZIP code in the form above or by calling us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get Illinois homeowners insurance quotes tailored to all your insurance needs.
Home insurance premiums in Illinois
The average Illinois home insurance premium in January 2016 was $855.00. It appears that premiums have increased since December when average premiums in Illinois were around $837.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Average Illinois homeowners insurance rates, similar to those in other states, are in constant flux. That means you should always be paying attention to the price you are paying for home insurance and looking for more ways to save. Home insurance experts recommend shopping coverage once a year in order to find the best savings.
Discounts are another easy way to save a lot on your premium. Here are a few discounts you may want to ask about when you call one of our agents:
- Claims-free: Save up to 20% if you haven't filed any claims within the past 10 years.
- Home and Auto Bundle: Save up to 20% by bundling your home and auto policies with one provider.
- New Home: If your home was built within the past 10 years, you could qualify for savings of up to 20%.
- Security: – Homes that feature items like security alarms, deadbolt locks, and smoke detectors can enjoy savings of up to 10%. These are important even in Chicago, despite a city burglary rate that's lower than the US norm.
Ask about more discounts when you call and get your quote. One of our agents can help you find other price breaks you may be eligible for.
Standard Illinois homeowner insurance coverage
- Dwelling: In standard Illinois homeowners insurance policies this coverage replaces or repairs your home if it's damaged by a covered peril.
- Other Structures: Protects structures on your property besides your home such as detached garages, shed, fences, etc.
- Contents/Personal Property: Covers the personal property inside your home such as electronics, furniture and clothing. If you own expensive items like jewelry, art or other collectibles, you may want to consider adding an endorsement to your policy to cover these items.
- Loss of Use: In the event your home is uninhabitable due to damage from a covered peril, Loss of Use will kick in and reimburse you for other accommodations and living expenses.
- Personal Liability Protection: Offers help if someone is injured on your property and plans to sue you.
- Medical Payments: If someone is injured on your property and doesn't plan to sue, medical payments coverage will offer reimbursement for medical bills.
Illiniois homeowners insurance and flood policies
Even though Chicago was named one of CBS News' Top 10 Safest U.S. cities from Natural Disasters, keep in mind that standard Illinois homeowners insurance policies do not offer coverage for flood damage. Remember all the flood victims in the Northeast when Superstorm Sandy hit in 2012? Many didn't live in flood plains and didn't think they needed flood coverage. The lesson learned there is that every homeowner should at least consider purchasing a flood insurance policy. Homeowners in Illinois can purchase flood policies through the National Flood Insurance Program. Check here to see if your home is located in a flood plain.
Looking for more insurance information for the state of Illinois? Visit the Illinois Department of Insurance website.
|Cicero||Decatur||Des Plaines||Downers Grove|
|Elk Grove Village||Elmhurst||Elmwood Park||Evergreen Park|
|Fairview Heights||Glen Ellyn||Glenview||Granite City|
|Harvey||Harwood Heights||Hillside||Hoffman Estates|
|Loves Park||Medinah||Melrose Park||Moline|
|Oak Park||Park Ridge||Peoria||River Forest|
|River Grove||Rolling Meadows||Romeoville||Schaumburg|
|Schiller Park||Springfield||Stone Park||Villa Park|