Iowa Homeowners Insurance Quotes
If you are shopping for Iowa homeowners insurance quotes, you should know the days of sacrificing coverage for a budget friendly premium are over. With HomeownersInsurance.com Iowa homeowners can find policies that offer both protection and savings. Your home is a big investment and you deserve the best coverage.
Our licensed agents find you best deals by comparing multiple quotes from Iowa's top providers. You'll work one-on-one with an agent until you find a policy that saves you money and gives you the peace of mind coverage you deserve.
Your time is valuable, so why waste it searching around for different homeowners insurance quotes? Let one of our dedicated agents do the comparison shopping for you in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Ames, or any other city in the state. Call now and you can get the benefit of up to eight Iowa homeowners insurance quotes.
Look at our most recent Iowa homeowners insurance quotes
Want to get an idea of how much you might pay for homeowners insurance in the Hawkeye State? From Davenport to Waterloo, take a look at the details of the last five policies written in Iowa by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind factors such as square footage and location affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$700†||$621†||$671†||$999†||$759†|
|Foundation type||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement|
|Lot Size||5,227 Sq Ft||6,490 Sq Ft||19,341 Sq Ft||N/A||N/A|
|Square Feet||1,085 Sq Ft||1,508 Sq Ft||868 Sq Ft||N/A||N/A|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas|
Find out if you are paying too much for homeowners insurance by comparing multiple quotes today. Just enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get Iowa homeowners insurance quotes customized for you.
Even when average homeowners insurance premiums go down, IA homeowners should always be aware of how much they are paying for their premiums and searching for additional ways to save. With rates going up and down, homeowners should shop coverage once a year to look for a lower premium.
Discounts are another easy way to save money and the agents at HomeownersInsurance.com are always looking for price breaks for their customers. Here are some common discounts that offer notable savings:
- Bundling: When customers bundle their home and auto policies with one provider, they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%. The convenience of having your policies under one company is just an added bonus.
- Fire safety: House fires can be devastating. Reduce your chances of one happening to your home by installing fire alarms and a sprinkler system. These items can also warrant savings of up to 5% on your premium.
- Claims-free: Homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 20%.
Standard Iowa homeowners insurance coverage
When you buy home insurance, one thing you should now is what's included. Here are protections that typically are part of standard home insurance.
- Dwelling: Protects the structure of your home against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire. The limit should be set at the amount it would take to replace your home in the event of a covered total loss. The amount can vary – homes in Des Moines, for example, are smaller and average less than $200,000 in replacement cost, according to a sample taken from our sales in the state.
- Other Structures: Standard IA policies provide coverage for detached buildings on your property. Fences would typically be included in this coverage.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal items inside you home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as furniture, electronics and clothing. Some high-value items such as furs or jewelry may require additional coverage. While burglary rates for Cedar Rapids are lower than the national average, according to an FBI study, rates for Davenport and Des Moines exceed the norm.
- Loss of Use: Standard Iowa homeowners insurance often provides coverage for living expenses in the event you are displaced from your home due to a covered claim. This could include hotel and restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Covers you in the event that a lawsuit is filed against you for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be held responsible for if a visitor sustains an injury on your property but doesn't sue you.
Will your homeowners insurance coverage weather Iowa's storms?
The U.S. sees about 1,000 tornadoes on average each year with the majority happening in a region deemed 'Tornado Alley.' The Hawkeye State makes up part of this region and experiences an average of 37 tornadoes each year.
These powerful twisters can destroy a home in a matter of seconds; and without a standard home insurance policy, replacement and repair would be astronomically expensive. Standard Iowa homeowners insurance policies are important because they offer wind coverage, which means your home would be covered in the event of a tornado. Hail and lightning, common in Iowa's powerful thunderstorms, are also covered by standard policies.
Earthquake and flood damage, however, are not covered by standard Iowa homeowners insurance. Homeowners need to purchase a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program in order to keep their homes protected from rising water. For earthquakes, homeowners can also purchase a separate policy. Mother Nature's wrath can be powerful and unexpected so it's always better to be safe than sorry.
For more information on insurance in the state of Iowa, visit the Iowa Insurance Division.
|Bettendorf||Burlington||Carter Lake||Cedar Falls|
|Cedar Rapids||Clear Lake||Clinton||Clive|
|Davenport||De Witt||Decorah||Des Moines|
|Dubuque||Fairfield||Forest City||Fort Dodge|
|Lake Mills||Manchester||Marshalltown||Mason City|
|Mount Pleasant||Muscatine||Newton||Nora Springs|
|Pella||Sioux City||Storm Lake||Sumner|
|West Burlington||West Des Moines|