Maryland Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Though Maryland is the "Old Line State," you shouldn't have to walk the line to find good deals on homeowners insurance. Are you an Annapolis resident? Do you live in Baltimore? Doesn't matter - we’ll get you a free Maryland homeowners insurance quote.
Enter your information above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 and we'll help you make a beeline for your Maryland homeowners insurance.
Homeowners insurance for Maryland storm protection
Think you can get by without Maryland homeowners insurance? Think again. Two distinct climates: hot, humid summers and cold winters in the western part of the state and milder, Atlantic-driven weather on the eastern portion, dominate the state. The two halves clash with thunderstorms (35 annually), tornadoes (6 a year), and winter storms.
Homeowners insurance can help protect your interests from the storms that Maryland suffers most frequently. Remember, however, that floods are typically excluded from coverage. If you live in a floodplain or near a body of water, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Maryland home insurance discounts
Jousting is the official sport of Maryland, but qualifying for Maryland home insurance discounts shouldn't be a battle. In fact, there are many common discounts for which you might qualify. Our agents can find the best combination of discounts and coverage for you.
Here are some ways you might save:
- Bundle: Earning up to a 20% discount can be easy; just purchase your auto and homeowners insurance through the same carrier and you could qualify.
- Retiree: Retired homeowners older than 55 years could earn a price break of up to 20% for their primary residence.
- Security: Installing a security system in your home could help you save. Putting deadbolt locks on exterior doors also could lower your rates by up to 5%. This isn't just important in Baltimore – where burglary rates exceed the national average, according to a 2012 FBI crime report; it matters all over the state.
- Fire safety: Homes with sprinkler systems or smoke detectors can help you pay less on your monthly premiums.
- Claims history: If you haven't filed a claim in the last 10 years, you could qualify for a price break.
Maryland homeowners insurance premiums – what others pay
Knowing what others pay for their premiums can help you determine if you pay too much or should extend your coverage. For this reason, we've listed below the last five Maryland homeowners insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Keep in mind that premiums vary based on individual situation and house type, along with location.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$568†||$832†||$1,144†||$1,028†||$682†|
|Carrier||ASI||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||ASI||ASI|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Oil||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Standard Maryland home insurance coverage
Do you know what your home insurance rates pay for? Here's a hint: they protect more than your home's structure. In fact, your policy safeguards six main aspects of your home life:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Your policy defends the structure of your house (Dwelling) or buildings detached from it (Other Structures) from covered events such as thunderstorms or fires.
- Personal Property: The contents of your home receive protection from storms and theft as well.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes badly damaged in a covered event, your policy can help you pay hotel and restaurant bills while it undergoes repair.
- Personal Liability: If non-family members become injured on your property and take you to court, your Personal Liability coverage can help pay legal costs or final judgments.
- Medical Payments: When someone sustains an injury on your property but does not take you to court, your policy can help you pay any medical bills involved.
Want more information about home insurance? Contact the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Find Maryland homeowners insurance quotes in your city
For more customized information about quotes, premiums, or coverage, call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above to get protection today.
|Catonsville||Chevy Chase||Churchville||College Park|
|Gambrills||Garrett Park||Glen Burnie||Grasonville|
|Silver Spring||Simpsonville||Sykesville||Takoma Park|
|Towson||Waldorf||White Marsh||White Plains|