Massachusetts Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Whether you own a family home in the Boston suburbs or a vacation home in Nantucket, you need a Massachusetts home insurance policy you can count on to protect your investment. The licensed agents at HomeownersInsurance.com want to make shopping for Massachusetts homeowners insurance quotes as easy as possible. Call today and you'll work one-on-one with a dedicated agent to find an affordable policy with complete coverage.
How does HomeownersInsurance.com make shopping easier? Our agents can give you up to eight quotes from top providers in Massachusetts in one simple call. Our apples-to-apples comparisons mean you won't have to go anywhere else for Massachusetts homeowners insurance quotes.
Join your Massachusetts neighbors and lower your home insurance cost too. Fill out the quick quote form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 and get your own customized Massachusetts home insurance quotes.
Massachusetts homeowners insurance discounts
When you look at average Massachusetts homeowners insurance rates, you should understand that you can still look for ways to lower your premiums. Home insurance experts recommend shopping annually for coverage to find lower rates and taking advantage of available discounts.
Here are some common price breaks to pursue:
- Bundling: When customers bundle their home and auto policies with one provider, they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%. The convenience of having your policies under one company is just an added bonus. It's like rooting for the Boston Red Sox and the New England Patriots!
- Claims-free: Homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to a lower risk for insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 10%.
- New Home: Did you know new homes also are considered lower risks? Maybe that's why home insurance carriers offer discounts of up to 20% for homes that are less than 10 years old.
Standard Massachusetts homeowners insurance coverage
Before you consider a purchase, it's wise to know what's typically included in standard Massachusetts homeowners insurance:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire. You should have enough coverage to rebuild from the ground up, the way the Boston Celtics are rebuilding.
- Other Structures: Standard Massachusetts homeowners insurance covers detached buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc. in the event of a covered loss.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal property inside your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This is great coverage, even in Boston, where the FBI says the burglary rate per capita is lower than the national average http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/8tabledatadecpdf/table_8_offenses_known_to_law_enforcement_by_state_by_city_2012.xls/view.
- Loss of Use: Standard MA policies provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides financial protection in the event that a person is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps cover medical expenses that you might be help responsible for if someone gets injured on your property but doesn't sue you.
Is your Massachusetts home fully protected?
Massachusetts is beautiful state filled with lush forests and breathtaking coastline, but even the Bay State can experience some nasty weather. MA residents, from Boston to Springfield, should consider severe weather threats when setting their coverage.
The major weather threats are flooding, winter storms, and strong thunderstorms. Luckily, standard homeowners insurance policies provide coverage for damage from wind, ice, snow and hail. However, standard Massachusetts policies do not cover flood damage.
Homeowners who need flood coverage should purchase a separate policy from the National Flood Insurance Program. Massachusetts' Atlantic coastline makes it more vulnerable to rising waters and homeowners who live close to the coast should seriously consider purchasing a flood policy. Find out more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
For more information
For more information on insurance in the state of Massachusetts, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.