Michigan Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Don’t let the lakes be the only great things in your state. With HomeownersInsurance.com, your Michigan homeowners insurance quote can achieve greatness, too. We partner with multiple highly rated carriers to help you find a great home insurance policy. Whether you own charming two-story in Lansing or a split-level in Detroit or a place somewhere else, we’ll make sure your home has the protection it needs.
Fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-919-2740 and we can start working for you.
Why you need Michigan home insurance
With a name that means "great water" and a motto that refers to a peninsula, it's no wonder that "the Great Lakes State" is preoccupied with water. Even Michigan's weather patterns have to do with the lakes that surround it: lake-effect snow in the winter and severe thunderstorms in the summer. Southern Michigan also is vulnerable to tornados, experiencing an average of 17 a year.
You would need a standard homeowners insurance policy to protect your home and family from the natural disasters listed above. Living in a state so closely tied to water, however, residents also should remember that providers typically exclude flood damage from standard Michigan homeowners insurance policies.From Sterling Heights to Lansing to Grand Rapids, MI residents should think about a flood policy when setting coverage. If you live near a lake or floodplain, you can purchase a flood policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Homeowners insurance discounts
Home insurance rates frequently fluctuate, but discounts are almost always available. Sometimes you just have to know what to ask for. The licensed agents at HomeownersInsurance.com will work to find you the savings for which you might qualify. Some common price breaks include:
- Bundle: Purchasing your auto insurance and your Michigan homeowners insurance through the same carrier could earn you up to 20% off your monthly premiums.
- Retiree: If you're older than 55 and retired, you could earn up to 20% off your homeowners insurance bill for a primary residence.
- Non-smoking: Even in a state surrounded by water, fire safety is important. Your provider might charge you less if no one in your family smokes.
- Fire-safety: In addition to non-smoking discounts, families can earn price breaks for installing smoke detectors and sprinkler systems in their homes.
- Security: Installing a security system, or even deadbolt locks, could qualify you for savings. This is useful throughout the state; Detroit and Lansing have burglary rates that exceed the national average for cities with more than 100,000 residents, while Sterling Heights' rate is lower, according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement.
Your neighbors' home insurance rates
Are your fellow Michigan residents taking advantage of all available discounts? From Sterling Heights to Lansing, listed below are the last five Michigan home insurance policies sold by HomeInsurance.com. Remember that premiums vary based on house type, location, and individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$764†||$768†||$537†||$417†||$796†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space||Slab|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Standard Michigan homeowners insurance coverage
Think you know about everything that Michigan homeowners insurance covers? Spoiler alert: It's not just the structure of your home. Standard policies protect six main areas of your home life, only one of which is your home's structure. These coverage types are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Dwelling (as expected) protects the structure of your home from perils such as fire or wind, whereas any additional structures on your property can receive coverage from Other Structures.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes badly damaged by a covered peril and you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help pay for any hotel or restaurant bills that you accrue in your absence.
- Personal Property: The contents of your home receive protection from covered perils using this portion of your policy.
- Medical Payments: Your homeowners insurance policy can help pay the medical bills of someone who becomes injured on your property but decides not to take you to court.
- Personal Liability: Your policy can help pay for the legal costs and final judgment when someone sustains an injury on your property and takes you to court.
Find Michigan home insurance in your city
If you have questions about Michigan homeowners insurance, click here. For more customized information about Michigan homeowners insurance quotes, fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-919-2740. We look forward helping you get the protection you need.
|Allendale||Ann Arbor||Auburn Hills||Battle Creek|
|Bay City||Berkley||Birmingham||Bloomfield Hills|
|Grand Rapids||Hamburg||Highland Park||Holland|
|Royal Oak||Saginaw||Southfield||Sterling Heights|
|Taylor||Traverse City||Troy||University Center|
|Utica||Walled Lake||Waterford||West Bloomfield|