Minnesota Homeowners Insurance Quotes
If you are shopping for Minnesota homeowners insurance quotes, you should know the days of sacrificing coverage for a budget-friendly premium are over. With HomeownersInsurance.com, Minnesota homeowners can find policies that offer protection and potential savings. You'll work one-on-one with an agent to find a policy that gives you the coverage you deserve at a great price.
Our most recent Minnesota homeowners insurance quotes
Want an idea of how much you could save on Minnesota homeowners insurance premiums? Below you'll find the details of the last five policies written in Minnesota by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Don't forget that square footage, location, and other factors can affect the premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,267†||$697†||$1,839†||$978†||$968†|
|Carrier||Liberty Mutual||ASI||Liberty Mutual||Travelers||ASI|
|Lot Size||23,087 Sq Ft||N/A||N/A||122,839 Sq Ft||14,810 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,554 Sq Ft||N/A||N/A||1,440 Sq Ft||934 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Don't let your Minnesota neighbors get all the savings. Get a quote today. Just enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get a Minnesota homeowners insurance quote customized just for you by one of our friendly agents.
Even when average Minnesota homeowners insurance rates decline, you should still continue your search for savings. Make it a point to shop annually for coverage and take advantage of available discounts. Homeowners can often save up to 20% by bundling their home and auto policies with one carrier and save up to 10% - sometimes more – by having a security alarm installed in their home. Homeowners in Minneapolis and St. Paul should consider installing a home security system. These cities have above average burglary rates, according to FBI Crime Statistics.
Here are some other common price breaks you can ask about:
- Claims-free discount
- 55, retiree discount
- Nonsmoker discount
- New home discount
Don't be afraid to ask about even more available discounts. Our agents love to help you save!
Standard Minnesota homeowners insurance coverage
When you buy a standard homeowners insurance policy, you get more than just coverage for the structure of your home. Here's what typically is included:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against covered perils such as wind and fire. Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss.
- Other Structures: Standard Minnesota homeowners insurance policies offer protection for structures on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal possessions in your home, including electronics, furniture, clothing, jewelry, etc. You may need to purchase additional coverage if you own high values items because the standard coverage may not fully cover them.
- Loss of Use: In the event your home becomes partially or entirely uninhabitable due to a covered peril, your loss of use coverage could reimburse you for living expenses incurred while being temporarily displaced.
- Personal Liability Protection: MN policies provide financial protection in the event a visitor is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for medical bills if someone is hurt on your property and doesn't plan to sue you.
What's not covered
Did you know standard Minnesota homeowners insurance policies do not offer coverage for flood damage? Homeowners who need flood protection can purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. For homes located in flood plains, flood insurance is a necessity. For homes not located in flood plains, flood insurance should still be considered. Weather can be unexpected. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program .
Review your home insurance policy and see what perils are covered and which are not. You may need to adjust your coverage in order to have full protection. Refer back to your policy and contact your agent if you ever have questions regarding your coverage.
For more general information on insurance in Minnesota, visit the Minnesota Department of Insurance.
|Dilworth||Duluth||East Grand Forks||Eden Prairie|
|Inver Grove Heights||Jordan||Lake Elmo||Mankato|
|Owatonna||Pequot Lakes||Perham||Prior Lake|