Mississippi Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Are you tired of searching everywhere for Mississippi homeowners insurance quotes that fit your needs? Look no further because HomeownersInsurance.com is ready to help you find a policy with great coverage at a great price.
Whether your home is in Southaven or Jackson, you can work one-on-one with a licensed agent who will tailor your policy to fit your needs.
Just fill out the quote form above and an agent will start finding you a great Mississippi homeowners insurance quote.
Check out our most recent Mississippi homeowners insurance quotes
Mississippi homeowners are saving big with HomeownersInsurance.com. Below are the details of the last five policies written in Mississippi by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Certain variables such as square footage and location affect the final premium.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,371†||$1,243†||$879†||$707†||$1,002†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Don't let your Mississippi neighbors take all the savings. Get your own quote today and see if we can help you pay less for coverage. Enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731. We are ready to help you get a quote from our leading providers.
Average home insurance rates in the Magnolia State fluctuate from month to month, which means MS homeowners from Southaven to Jackson should always be aware of how much they are paying for their premium and be looking for additional ways to save.
With prices going up and down, homeowners should shop coverage once a year to look for a lower premium. Discounts are another easy way to save money, and the agents at HomeownersInsurance.com are always looking for price breaks for their customers.
Here are some common discounts that offer big savings:
- Bundling: When customers bundle their home and auto policies with one provider they are often rewarded with discounts of up to 20%. The convenience of having your policies under one company is just an added bonus.
- Fire safety: House fires can be devastating and if you wanted to lessen your chances of one happening to your home, then installing fire alarms and a sprinkler system can help. These items can also warrant savings of up to 10% on your premium.
- Claims-free: Homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years are considered to be less of a risk to insurance providers and therefore often receive discounts of up to 10%.
Standard Mississippi homeowners insurance coverage
Did you know that Mississippi homeowners insurance typically includes protection for the contents of your house? Here are the coverages that usually come in a policy:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against covered perils such as wind, hail, and fire. Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss.
- Other Structures: Standard Mississippi homeowners insurance offers protection for structures on your property besides your home. This protection covers things like detached garages and sheds.
- Contents/Personal Property: Provides coverage for personal property inside your home. This can include furniture, electronics, clothing and other personal belongings, which are covered against damage from perils such as fire and wind as well as from theft: Jackson's per capita burglary rate exceeds the U.S. average, according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable because of a covered peril, Loss of Use will reimburse you for hotel accommodations and other living expenses while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- Personal Liability Protection: Standard MS policies give you financial help in the event a visitor is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Reimburses you for medical bills if someone is injured on your property and doesn't plan to sue you.
Will your coverage weather the storms in Mississippi?
Mississippi is a beautiful southern state, but with its location on the Gulf of Mexico, Mississippi can be susceptible to some pretty severe weather. No Mississippi resident can forget the widespread destruction of Hurricane Katrina in 2006, which also hit Louisiana. The devastating hurricane destroyed thousands of homes and left an estimated 1.5 million people displaced.
Unfortunately disasters do happen, but with proper homeowners insurance coverage, you can at least have the peace of mind that your investment is protected. While standard Mississippi homeowners insurance covers a wide range of perils such as wind, fire, lightning and tornadoes, it does not provide flood coverage. From Brandon all the way down to the coast, MS residents should seriously consider adding a flood policy to protect their homes. For floods, homeowners can purchase a separate flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
For more information about insurance in the state of Mississippi, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
|Aberdeen||Batesville||Bay Saint Louis||Biloxi|
|Madison||Meridian||Mississippi State||Moss Point|
|Natchez||New Albany||Ocean Springs||Olive Branch|