Missouri Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Looking for Missouri homeowners insurance quotes? You've come to the right place. At HomeownersInsurance.com, our agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to find the best deal for you. Don't wait: Call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in the form above to get started with a quote.
Homeowners insurance for Missouri's storms
From Kansas City to St. Louis to Springfield, Missouri residents are used to extremes: extreme heat and humidity in the summer and extreme cold in the winters, with extreme thunderstorms, tornadoes, and winter storms in between. Fortunately, the damage caused by these storms typically receives coverage under standard Missouri homeowners insurance policies.
Missouri also is vulnerable to earthquakes, especially in the southeastern corner of the state. Providers typically exclude earthquake damage from coverage, so consider a separate policy or endorsement. The Mississippi, Missouri, and other rivers and lakes make the "Show Me State" prone to flooding as well. Providers also typically exclude flooding, so if you live near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Home insurance premiums in Missouri
Average Missouri home insurance premiums in April were approximately $1102.00 which have decreased since March when premiums were around $1113. Average values in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in Missouri. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Savings on Missouri home insurance
Even when premiums go down, everyone looks for ways to save money, and you may be missing some discounts on your homeowners insurance premiums. Our independent agents can help find them for you.
Some common savings for which you might qualify include:
- Bundle: You can typically get a discount of up to 20% for buying auto insurance and Missouri home insurance with the same provider.
- Security: Springfield, Kansas City and St. Louis all have above average burglary rates, according to FBI Crime Statistics. By installing a monitored home security system could earn you a 10% price break. Simply adding deadbolt locks to exterior doors could save you up to 5%.
- Fire safety: Install smoke detectors and sprinklers. They could save you on your monthly premiums.
- New Home: If your home was built within the last 10 years, you could earn a price break.
- Retiree: f you're older than 55 and retired, your savings could add up to 20%.
Recent home insurance rates in Missouri
You already know about the average rates in your state, but what about your neighbors' premiums for Missouri homeowners insurance? HomeownersInsurance.com has listed below the last five Missouri home insurance policies sold by its agents. Remember that home insurance rates vary by house type, location, and individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,007†||$1,031†||$2,343†||$839†||$873†|
|Lot Size||20,000 Sq Ft||2,195 Sq Ft||10,750 Sq Ft||N/A||4,526 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,703 Sq Ft||2,004 Sq Ft||2,391 Sq Ft||1,434 Sq Ft||1,150 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas|
Standard Missouri homeowners insurance coverage
Homeowners insurance protects much more than the structure of your home. Knowing what a standard Missouri homeowners insurance policy covers can help you better safeguard your interests. A standard policy typically includes the following types of coverage:
- Dwelling: This coverage protects the structure of your home from specified perils such as wind and fire.
- Other Structures: Your policy safeguards additional structures you may have on your property, such as detached garages, sheds, and fences.
- Personal Property: Your possessions, or any of the contents of your home, receive protection from theft and covered perils through this portion of your policy.
- Loss of Use: Should your house become uninhabitable because of a covered peril, this part of your policy can help with living expenses while the structure is repaired or rebuilt.
- Personal Liability and Medical Payments: If someone sustains an injury and decides to take you to court (Personal Liability), your policy can help pay legal costs and the final judgment. Should the injured party decide not to sue (Medical Payments), your policy can help pay medical bills.
Find Missouri homeowners insurance quotes in your city
Find general information about Missouri homeowners insurance here. For more customized information about home insurance, call us at 1-877-234-0731. The process of shopping for great insurance can be easier with HomeInsurance.com. Let us show you.
|Florissant||Fort Leonard Wood||Grandview||Holts Summit|
|Kansas City||Kirksville||Lake Saint Louis||Lees Summit|
|Nixa||O Fallon||Osage Beach||Plattsburg|
|Point Lookout||Poplar Bluff||Princeton||Riverside|
|Rolla||Saint Ann||Saint Louis||Sedalia|