Nebraska Homeowners Insurance Quotes
The 'Cornhusker State' is famous for its quality agriculture and unbreakable spirit. Now, HomeownersInsurance.com brings that same quality to Nebraska homeowners insurance quotes. From cities as varied as Omaha and Bellevue, our agents work with highly rated carriers to dig up Nebraska home insurance coverage at an affordable price. Call us at 1-877-919-2740 or enter your information above to begin harvesting your protection today.
Protect with Nebraska home insurance
Nebraska, though now fertile agriculturally, has not always been so hospitable. The original settlers in the state suffered many hardships, including intense winter storms, thunderstorms, and tornadoes. The state remains vulnerable to these disasters, but now homeowners insurance can help protect your home and possessions from harm.
Nebraska's name means 'flat water,' after the Platte River that runs through the state. Water is both vital and dangerous for Nebraskans. Flooding is prevalent and also excluded from standard Nebraska homeowners insurance policies. If you live near a body of water or floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Homeowners insurance: what fellow Nebraskans pay
You don't have to dig too deep to find out what your neighbors pay for homeowners insurance. Interested in the costs of coverage in Lincoln or Omaha or another city? We've listed the last 5 Nebraska home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com below. Use them to help you determine what to pay, but remember that premiums vary based on individual situation and house type.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,040†||$1,045†||$915†||$776†||$838†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Oil||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Nebraska homeowners insurance discounts
Homeowners looking to save this year can start by qualifying for discounts on their premiums. Call us or fill in your information above and we can begin finding you ways to save. Some common price breaks include:
- Home and auto bundle: You could save up to 20%; just purchase your auto insurance and your Nebraska homeowners insurance policies through the same carrier.
- New home: If your home is new (built within the past 10 years), you could save on your premiums.
- Fire safety: Even states defined by water must worry about fires. Providers typically offer price breaks to homes with sprinklers and smoke detectors.
- Security: By installing a monitored security system in your home, you could keep your family safe and earn up to a 10% discount on your monthly premiums at the same time. Installing deadbolt locks on exterior doors also could help you save.
- Retiree: Retired homeowners 55 or older can typically qualify for a discount of up to 20%.
Standard Nebraska home insurance coverage
Now that you have a better idea of what you'll pay, learn more about what you'll pay for. Homeowners insurance is all about protection, and safeguards more than just the structure of your home. The 6 aspects of your home life protected by your policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Structures on your property, whether attached to your house (Dwelling) or detached from it (Other Structures), are protected from named perils such as fire and wind damage. The amount of your dwelling coverage should be set at an amount that will allow you to rebuild the home from the ground up if it is destroyed by a covered peril. According to policies sold by HomeInsurance.com, replacement costs in Lincoln and Omaha average less than $200,000, though the numbers are based on a small sample size.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes damaged in a covered event and you're forced to move out while it undergoes repair, your policy can help pay your family's hotel or restaurant bills.
- Personal Property: Your policy also safeguards the contents of your home from named perils, up to your coverage limits. It also covers theft. Even though burglary rates are below the national average in Omaha and Lincoln, this is good coverage to have.
- Personal Liability: If someone sues you because of an injury on your property, your policy can help you pay legal costs and the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: If a non-family member becomes injured on your property but does not take you to court, your policy can help you pay any medical bills involved.
For other questions about home insurance in your state, contact the Nebraska Department of Insurance.
|Blue Hill||Boys Town||Cambridge||Central City|
|Eagle||Falls City||Fort Calhoun||Fremont|
|La Vista||Lexington||Lincoln||Mc Cook|
|Mitchell||Nebraska City||Norfolk||North Platte|
|Scottsbluff||Seward||Sidney||South Sioux City|