New Jersey Homeowners Insurance Quotes
New Jersey might be the Garden State, but nothing ruins tranquility of your garden like worrying about how to protect it. If you're trying to purchase homeowners insurance in New Jersey, you don't have to search multiple carriers and websites on your own. Homeownersinsurance.com can help.
Put the 'liberty and prosperity' back in New Jersey's motto by using HomeownersInsurance.com to shop home insurance rates. Whether you are in Jersey City or Newark, our licensed, independent agents can search multiple, highly rated carriers to find the policy at the price that works for you. Fill out the form above or call us today at 1-877-234-0731.
Why New Jersey home insurance?
It's not all sun and clear skies in the Garden State. After all, flowers also need rain. On average, New Jersey experiences 120 days of precipitation a year. That means thunderstorms in the spring and summer, ice and snow in the winter. Despite all that, wildfires also occasionally plague the state.
With its position on the East Coast, the state is vulnerable to hurricanes and tropical storms, which sometimes bring flooding. Remember that flood damage is not covered by standard New Jersey homeowners insurance policies. If you live near the coast or near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
New Jersey homeowners insurance discounts
Regardless of whether premiums increase or decrease, one great way to save money this year is to search for home insurance discounts. Once again, our agents can do the work for you by determining the price breaks for which you might qualify.
Common ways to save include discounts for:
- Bundling: If you purchase your auto insurance and your New Jersey home insurance through the same carrier, you could pay up to 20% less on your monthly premiums.
- Retiring: Residents who are older than 55 and retired could earn price breaks of up to 20%.
- Securing your home: Homes with security systems can earn their owners discounts. Even installing deadbolt locks could save you up to 5%.
- Buying new: If your home was built within the last 10 years, you could qualify for a price break on your home insurance.
- Maintaining good habits: Your claims and credit histories are important for your financial future. If you have good credit and haven't filed a claim within the last 10 years, you could reduce your monthly payments.
Homeowners insurance: what your neighbors pay
When shopping New Jersey homeowners insurance quotes, it can help to know how much others are paying. Curious to see what homeowners pay in Edison? Or Jersey City? Listed below are the last five New Jersey home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premiums can vary based on home type, location, and individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,167†||$468†||$1,380†||$1,674†||$626†|
|Foundation type||Basement||Basement||Basement||Basement||Crawl Space|
|Lot Size||14,375 Sq Ft||81,457 Sq Ft||44,866 Sq Ft||16,627 Sq Ft||6,821 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,876 Sq Ft||3,016 Sq Ft||4,120 Sq Ft||2,226 Sq Ft||1,323 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Standard coverage for New Jersey homeowners insurance
So what exactly does a standard homeowners insurance policy protect? Probably more than you think. The main types of home insurance coverage are:
- Dwelling: This type covers the structure of your home and any structures attached to it.
- Other Structures: If you have any structures on your property that are detached from your home, they will be protected under your policy.
- Personal Property: Your home's contents receive protection from theft or damage due to a covered peril under this portion of your homeowners insurance policy. This is important even though burglary rates fall below the national average in places such as Jersey City and Newark, according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement.
- Loss of Use: You can receive help paying for restaurant and hotel bills when a covered event forces you to temporarily move out of your home.
- Personal Liability and Medical Payments: If non-family members sustain injuries on your property, your policy helps you pay either their medical bills (Medical Payments) if they don't take you to court, or legal costs and the final judgment (Personal Liability) if they do. Both payments are subject to the limits of your policy.
Want more general information about New Jersey insurance. Click here for the state Division of Insurance.
Home insurance for your New Jersey city
If you're ready to get your free quote now, fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 to get started today.
|Highland Park||Hoboken||Irvington||Jersey City|