New York Homeowners Insurance Quotes
The heights to which buildings, goals, and careers soar in "The Empire State" may be sources of pride for New York's residents. But don't feel as though the state's motto, "Ever Upward," applies to home insurance rates. From Manhattan to Rochester, we know you don’t want to waste time, which is why we’ve made getting New York home insurance more convenient. NY residents can get great coverage by using HomeownersInsurance.com.
How? HomeownersInsurance.com will help you get a competitive quote from a highly rated carrier. Fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 to get started on your free homeowners insurance quote.
Regardless of the direction in which rates fluctuate, you can always search for ways to save money, including discounts. Discounts vary widely by provider and state, but some common discounts for which you might qualify include:
- Fire safety: Homes with smoke detectors or sprinklers can save you up to 5% on your homeowners insurance premiums.
- Security: Install a security system and deadbolt locks and you could qualify for a price break of 10% or more. This could be particularly important in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester, where burglary rates top the national average, and even in New York City itself, where the burglary rate is lower.
- Bundle: Purchase your auto insurance and your New York homeowners insurance from the same carrier and your monthly premium might decrease by 20%.
- New home: If your house was built within the last 10 years, you could qualify for a new home discount on your home insurance rates of up to 20%.
- Retiree: If you're 55 or older and retired and you could save up to 20%.
Your neighbors' New York homeowners insurance quotes
Ever wonder what fellow New York residents pay for homeowners insurance? Below are the last 5 New York policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premium prices vary by house type and individual situation. For instance, a home in Albany likely won’t have the same premiums as a home in Manhattan or Brooklyn, which were named the two most expensive cities to live in by abcnews.go.com. For your own New York homeowners insurance quote, fill out the above form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$488†||$944†||$488†||$550†||$567†|
|Carrier||Safeco||Safeco||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Hartford|
|Foundation type||Basement||Slab||Slab||Crawl Space||Basement|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas|
New York home insurance coverage types
The following coverages typically are included in standard New York homeowners insurance:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Protection for the structure of your home and other buildings on your property comes from these two coverage types.
- Personal Property: Your policy guards the contents of your home with this type of protection.
- Loss of Use: If your house becomes severely damaged in a covered event and you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use helps pay for restaurant and hotel bills.
- Medical Payments: Homeowners insurance can protect you if someone sustains an injury on your property. Medical Payments, or New York Medpay, can help pay medical bills if the injured party does not take you to court.
- Personal Liability: If a non-family member becomes injured on your property and decides to sue, your policy can help you pay legal costs and the final judgment.
Homeowners insurance: Protecting you against New York's elements
New York, as the 4th worst state for greenhouse gas emissions, has to grapple with the man-made element of pollution. Residents must endure nature's elements as well. Simply in the last few years, the state has experienced tropical storms, hurricanes, severe winter storms, and thunderstorms. Even so, Buffalo and Syracuse have been named in The Top 10 Safest Cities from Natural Disasters by CBSNews.com.
An additional danger for the northern part of the state: earthquakes. Remember that neither earthquake nor flood damage are covered by typical New York homeowners insurance policies. Consider purchasing a separate earthquake policy if you live near the northern fault line. You also should consider purchasing a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
|Depew||East Elmhurst||East Meadow||East Rochester|
|Forest Hills||Great Neck||Hartsdale||Henrietta|
|Jackson Heights||Jamestown||Kew Gardens||Latham|
|Liverpool||Long Island City||Middletown||New Hyde Park|
|Queens Village||Rego Park||Rexford||Rochester|