North Carolina Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Whether you live in a grassy suburb of Charlotte or by a sandy beach in Wilmington, when it comes to protecting your North Carolina home you want the best homeowners insurance available. You also want your policy to come from a top-rated carrier that offers comprehensive coverage at a great price. While that may seem challenging, agents at HomeownersInsurance.com can assure you it's not.
Just complete the quick quote form above to get comparative rates on the top homeowners insurance coverage in North Carolina. Our team of licensed agents will help you choose the best policy at a great price to make sure you home is protected while keeping it affordable.
Our most recent North Carolina homeowners insurance quotes
Want to get an idea of how much you might pay for a North Carolina homeowners insurance premium? Check out our last five policies written in North Carolina by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Keep in mind premiums vary according to square footage, location, and other factors.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$819†||$1,009†||$734†||$659†||$701†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Basement||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
If you want to get your own personalized quotes, enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get North Carolina homeowners insurance quotes tailored to fit your unique insurance needs.
Home insurance premiums in North Carolina
Average North Carolina home insurance premiums in October were approximately $694.00 which have increased since September when premiums were around $692. Average values in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in North Carolina. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Even though average North Carolina homeowners insurance rates shift, there are still many ways to save on your home insurance. Discounts are a great way to save even more on your premium. Homeowners can save up to 20% on their home insurance by simply bundling their home and auto policies with one provider and can save up to 10% just by having a home security system. There are also non-smoker discounts, new home discounts, claims-free discounts and more. Ask your home insurance agent about what discounts you may qualify for and keep in mind discounts vary by state and provider.
Standard North Carolina Homeowners Insurance Coverage
- Dwelling: A standard North Carolina homeowner insurance policy should include enough dwelling coverage to pay for the replacement of your home if it's destroyed in a covered peril. Covered perils include fire, wind, and hail.
- Other Structures: Protects detached garages, sheds, fences and other structures on your property from covered perils and from theft. How large a threat is burglary? According to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, Charlotte, Durham, Greensboro and Wilmington have higher than average burglary rates, while Raleigh's rate is lower than the U.S. average.
- Contents/Personal Property: Protects the contents inside your home like furniture, clothing, electronics, etc. if they are damaged or destroyed by a covered peril.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes inhabitable due to a covered peril, Loss of Use can help pay for alternative accommodations and living expenses until your home is repaired.
- Medical Payments: Offers reimbursement for medical payments if someone other than you or a family member is injured on your property and decides not to sue.
- Personal Liability Protection: Helps protect you in the event someone is injured on your property and decides to sue.
Is your home fully covered in North Carolina?
Residents of North Carolina get to enjoy some of the country's most beautiful scenery, from the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains to the lighthouses that scatter the Outer Banks. But even North Carolina can fall victim to some severe weather. Hurricanes occasionally wreak havoc on the Carolina coast – the Outer Banks suffer frequent damage – and many NC residents still remember the destruction of Hurricane Hugo back in 1989, which brought down more than 80,000 trees in Charlotte.
If one of those trees falls on your house, you'll want to be sure it's protected. Luckily, standard North Carolina homeowners insurance policies typically offer wind coverage. However, standard policies don't include flood coverage so if the waters start rising you could be in trouble. If you live near the coast or in a flood plain, you should purchase a flood insurance policy through the National Flood Insurance Program. You can check here to see if you community lies in a flood hazard zone.
Whether you’re in Raleigh-Durham or Greensboro, as a North Carolina homeowner, you should review your current policy and see what perils are covered and which are not. An adjustment in coverage may be necessary to keep your lovely home fully protected.
For more NC disaster related insurance information, visit North Carolina Department of Insurance HurriClaims website.
|Hickory||High Point||Holly Ridge||Huntersville|
|Morrisville||Mountain Home||New Bern||Newell|
|West Jefferson||Wilmington||Winston Salem|
HomeownersInsurance.com is located at 4829 Carolina Beach Rd, Wilmington, NC, 28412. HomeownersInsurance.com is an online service designed to match homeowners with top-rated insurance providers. Licensed agents shop your quote with as many as eight homeowners insurance providers rated 'A' or better by A.M. Best Company to get you the best coverage at the right price, then use their knowledge of discounts to make sure you pay the lowest premium possible.