Oregon Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Finding homeowners insurance in the "Beaver State" doesn't have to be as difficult as traveling the Oregon Trail. Batten down the hatches and simply call HomeownersInsurance.com at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information. Our agents will prepare quotes for you, working with multiple highly rated carriers to find your best match.
Why Oregon home insurance?
Oregon experiences five very different climates, but thunderstorms and wildfires plague the entire state. The eastern part of the state must worry about dry summers and cold, snowy winters, whereas the wetter west coast experiences vulnerability to flooding and earthquakes.
Residents on the west coast take note: flood and earthquake damage typically are excluded from standard Oregon homeowners insurance protection. Consider an endorsement or a separate policy for earthquake coverage. For flood protection, purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Home insurance premiums in Oregon
The average Oregon home insurance premium in July 2015 was $471.00. It appears that premiums have increased since June when average premiums in Oregon were around $461.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Your neighbors' homeowners insurance premiums
In some situations, curiosity can help you. When shopping for Oregon homeowners insurance quotes, for example, knowing what your fellow residents pay can help you determine your ideal coverage price. From Portland to Eugene, we've listed the last 5 Oregon home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premiums may vary based on house type or individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$265†||$235†||$471†||$418†||$487†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab||Crawl Space|
|Lot Size||10,890 Sq Ft||9,583 Sq Ft||25,700 Sq Ft||4,792 Sq Ft||28,313 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,376 Sq Ft||N/A||2,740 Sq Ft||N/A||1,508 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric|
Oregon homeowners insurance savings
Looking for savings this year in Salem or Portland? Start searching for homeowners insurance discounts. Call us and our agents can begin qualifying you for price breaks. Some common ways to save include:
- Bundle: Purchase your auto insurance and your Oregon homeowners insurance through the same carrier and you could earn an easy price break of up to 20%.
- New home: If your home was built within the last 10 years, you could get a new home discount and save.
- Fire safety: To protect the state from wildfires, providers typically give price breaks to fire-safe residents. You could save if you install smoke detectors or sprinklers in your home.
- Security: Providers also reward homeowners for securing their homes; you could get up to a 10% a discount for installing a monitored security system. Simply installing deadbolt locks could help you save up to 5%. Think you don't need security? According to FBI statistics, burglary rates topped the national average in Eugene, though they were lower in Salem and Portland.
- Retiree:If you're older than age 55 and retired, you're well on your way to earning a retiree price break.
Standard Oregon home insurance coverage
The price isn't the only important thing about homeowners insurance. It's also good to have a general familiarity with the aspects of your life that your policy covers. The 6 main coverage types that comprise your policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Your policy protects the structure of your house (Dwelling) and any additional structures on your property detached from it (Other Structures).
- Personal Property: Your policy safeguards the contents of your home from named perils such as fire or theft.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes badly damaged in a covered event and you are forced to move out while it undergoes repairs, your policy can help pay the bills for restaurants or hotels.
- Personal Liability: If someone sustains an injury on your property and decides to sue, you can get help paying legal costs and the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: Medical bills for injuries sustained on your property can be covered if the injured party doesn't take you to court.
If you have other questions, contact the Oregon Department of Insurance.
Find home insurance rates and information in your city
To get started with your own quote, call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above. You'll soon be on your way to protecting your home.
|Canby||Cave Junction||Clackamas||Coos Bay|
|Klamath Falls||La Grande||Lake Oswego||Lincoln City|
|Myrtle Creek||Newberg||Newport||Oregon City|
|The Dalles||Troutdale||Tualatin||West Linn|