Rhode Island Homeowners Insurance Quotes
At HomeownersInsurance.com, we know that you take pride in your home, which is why you are searching for a personalized Rhode Island homeowners insurance quote. At Homeownersinsurance.com, we can help.
When you choose to use the HomeownersInsurance.com service, you get to work one-on-one with a licensed agent who is able to give you a great Rhode Island homeowners insurance quote from a top carrier. When you take a second to fill out the quote form above, an agent will get started right away looking for that perfect fit policy. Whether you live in a quiet suburb of Providence or by the coast, you deserve reliable home protection and HomeownersInsurance.com is here to help.
Saving on Rhode Island homeowners insurance
Take the mystery out of shopping for homeowners insurance and find out how much you could be saving today! Just enter your ZIP code in the form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 to get a Rhode Island homeowners insurance quote customized just for you by one of our insurance experts.
Make it a point to shop annually for coverage and take advantage of available discounts. Homeowners can often save up to 20% by bundling their home and auto policies with one carrier and save up to 10% and sometimes more by having a security alarm installed in their home.
Here are some other common price breaks you can ask about:
- Claims-free discount
- 55, retiree discount
- Non-smoker discount
- New home discount
Standard Rhode Island homeowners insurance coverage
Many people don't know what typically comes as part of a standard home insurance policy. Coverages include:
- Dwelling: Protects your home's structure against covered losses. Your dwelling coverage should be enough to replace your home in the event of a complete loss.
- Other Structures: Standard Rhode Island homeowners insurance policies offer protection for structures on your property such as detached garages, sheds, fences, etc.
- Contents/Personal Property: Offers protection for the personal possessions in your home such as electronics, furniture, clothing, jewelry, etc. You may need to purchase additional coverage if you own high values items. Think Rhode Island doesn't have much crime? According to an FBI report, Providence's burglary rate is above the national average.
- Loss of Use: In the event your home becomes partially or entirely uninhabitable due to a covered peril, your loss of use coverage would reimburse you for living expenses incurred while being temporarily displaced.
- Personal Liability Protection: Standard RI policies provide financial protection in the event a visitor is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Helps pay medical bills for someone who is hurt on your property and doesn't plan to sue you.
Did you know standard Rhode Island homeowners insurance policies do not offer coverage for flood damage? From Providence to Newport, homeowners who need flood protection in the Ocean State can purchase a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
For homes located in flood plains, flood insurance is a necessity. For homes not located in flood plains, flood insurance should still be considered. Remember, Rhode Island's location right on the coast line makes it susceptible to hurricanes and tropical storms that travel north. It's never a bad idea to purchase a flood policy for your home, especially after the destruction Super Storm Sandy caused Northeastern homeowners in 2012. Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program.
Review your homeowners insurance policy and see what perils are covered and which are not. You may need to adjust your coverage in order to have full protection. Refer back to your policy and contact your agent if you ever have questions regarding your coverage.
For more information on insurance in Rhode Island, visit the Rhode Island Department of Insurance.
|Cranston||Cumberland||East Greenwich||East Providence|
|North Providence||North Smithfield||Oakland||Pawtucket|
|West Kingston||West Warwick||Westerly||Woonsocket|