South Carolina Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Shopping for homeowners insurance in the Palmetto State? You've landed in the right spot. Homeownersinsurance.com makes finding quotes a breeze. From the suburbs of Fort Mill to the urban center of Columbia all the way to the historic southern city of Charleston, our licensed agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to find you coverage to protect the home you love.
You don't have to settle for low-quality protection or comb multiple websites for deals and discounts. We'll be your one-stop shop for South Carolina home insurance and do the searching for you.
Why South Carolina home insurance?
Life may move slower in South Carolina, but nature's fury doesn't. The state is plagued by many types of natural disasters, including hurricanes, flooding, severe thunderstorms, wildfires, and earthquakes. Yes, even earthquakes. In fact, Charleston is considered a seismic hot spot, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. The good news? Homeowners can protect their property against many of these disasters by purchasing a standard home insurance policy.
South Carolinians take note: Flood, earthquake, and some hurricane damage aren't covered by standard policies. Charleston and other coastal regions of the state experience a high risk for earthquakes, so residents should consider purchasing separate protection. Floods also plague the state, so if you live in a flood plain or near the coast, consider a policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Home insurance premiums in South Carolina
Homeowners insurance premiums in South Carolina were around $810.00 in March of 2015 when they increased from $807 in February. These values reflect average premiums on new sold policies by HomeInsurance.com. A standard policy will cover the structure of the buildings on the property, the contents of the home, liability for the homeowner(s), medical payments and loss of use expenses.
Homeowners insurance discounts
Regardless of the state's rate trends, you can always search for ways to save on your monthly premiums. Fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 and we'll start qualifying you for price breaks. Here are some common ways to save:
- Retiree: If you're 55 or older and retired, you could qualify for a discount of up to 20%.
- Bundle: One of the easiest ways to save is to purchase your auto insurance and your South Carolina homeowners insurance through the same carrier.
- Non-smoker: South Carolina experiences wildfire risk, so fire safety is a statewide concern. If no one in your household smokes, you could earn a price break on your home insurance.
- Fire safety: In addition to non-smoking discounts, providers reward fire-safe homeowners by offering savings for homes with smoke detectors and sprinklers.
- New home: Tradition may be great, but when it comes to homeowners insurance, newer is better. If your house was built within the last 10 years, it could earn you savings.
Home insurance rates in your neighborhood
Ever wonder what some of your neighbors in Columbia or Fort Mill pay for South Carolina homeowners insurance? Here's your chance to find out. The last five SC policies sold by homeownersinsurance.com are listed below. Remember that premiums might differ based on individual situation, house type, and location within the state.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$756†||$607†||$533†||$611†||$545†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Slab||Slab||Slab||Crawl Space|
|Lot Size||N/A||5,662 Sq Ft||7,405 Sq Ft||N/A||16,988 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||N/A||1,987 Sq Ft||2,248 Sq Ft||1,410 Sq Ft||1,604 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric|
Standard South Carolina homeowners insurance coverage
Think that standard South Carolina homeowners insurance quotes only safeguard the structure of your home? Actually, homeowners insurance protects many aspects of your life and property. The main types of coverage in a standard policy are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Dwelling coverage provides the typical protection for the structure of your home from perils such as wind and fire. Any additional structures on your property detached from your house also receive protection from your policy.
- Loss of Use: When your home becomes so badly damaged in a covered event that you must move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help with restaurant and hotel bills.
- Personal Property: The contents of your home receive protection from covered damage or theft with this portion of your policy.
- Medical Payments: If non-family members sustain injuries on your property but decide not to take you to court, your policy can help pay any medical bills involved.
- Personal Liability: If non-family members sustain injuries on your property and do take you to court, your policy can help pay legal costs and the final judgment.
Learn more from the state Department of Insurance website.
Customize your South Carolina home insurance
Fill out the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 and we can begin qualifying you for the coverage you need at the price you love.
|Greenwood||Greer||Hilton Head Island||Irmo|
|Murrells Inlet||Myrtle Beach||North Augusta||North Charleston|
|North Myrtle Beach||Orangeburg||Pelion||Piedmont|