South Dakota Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Have you been searching tirelessly for South Dakota homeowners insurance quotes? Look no further than HomeownersInsurance.com. Whether you live in Sioux Falls, Rapid City, or another location, you deserve the best South Dakota home insurance available, which is why we work with multiple highly rated carriers so you can compare different rates and coverage options in the Mount Rushmore State. The licensed insurance experts at HomeownersInsurance.com know your time is valuable, which is why our agents are dedicated to making your shopping experience fast and easy.
Comparison shopping is the best way to know you found a great deal, which is why our agents will give you up to eight South Dakota homeowners insurance quotes. We'll help by comparing coverage and price options until you have the right policy for you.
Our most recent South Dakota homeowners insurance quotes
Your South Dakota neighbors have already started saving, so why aren't you? Check out the details of the last five policies written in South Dakota by HomeownersInsurance.com agents. Remember that prices differ based on factors such as house type and individual situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$988†||$1,049†||$813†||$948†||$510†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Slab||Basement||Basement||Slab|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Electric|
Start working with HomeownersInsurance.com and find out how much you can save. Just fill out the quote form above or call us directly at 1-877-234-0731 and get South Dakota homeowners insurance quotes customized just for you.
South Dakota homeowners insurance discounts
Your home is important to you but that doesn't mean you should be paying over-the-top premiums. No matter which way home insurance rates fluctuate, there can be ways to save on your monthly premiums. One usually surefire way to save – discounts.
When you work with a HomeownersInsurance.com agent you'll have access to homeowners insurance discounts across multiple providers. Here are some common price breaks you should ask your agent about:
- Claims-free: Insurance providers consider SD homeowners who have haven't filed a claim within the past 10 years to be lower risk. Those policyholders can receive discounts of up to 20%.
- Packaging: Homeowners who have both their home and auto policies with one provider often get discounts of up to 20%.
- Home Safety: Some insurance carriers reward homeowners who take extra safety precautions by owning things like security systems, fire alarms, sprinkler systems and deadbolt locks. Homes with these items could be eligible for discounts between 5% and 20%. Even though the FBI says burglary rates are lower in Sioux City than in many large cities in the rest of the nation, you can never be too secure.
- New Home: If you own a home that was built within the past 10 years, you could be eligible for savings of up to 20%.
Standard South Dakota homeowners insurance coverage
The following protections typically come with standard homeowners insurance policies:
- Dwelling and Other structures: These coverages protect your home's structure and other buildings on the property against damage and possible loss in the event of a covered peril such as wind, hail or fire.
- Contents/Personal Property: This is the part of standard South Dakota homeowners insurance that protects the contents of your home in the event they are stolen or destroyed by a covered peril. This can include items such as electronics, furniture, and clothing. Certain high value items may require additional coverage.
- Loss of Use: Standard SD policies provide coverage for living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered claim. These expenses may include hotel accommodations or restaurant bills.
- Personal Liability Protection: Provides help in the event that someone is injured on your property and decides to sue you.
- Medical Payments: Can cover medical expenses that you might be asked to pay if a visitor gets injured on your property but decides not to sue you.
Protection from weather events for South Dakota residents
South Dakota is a beautiful state filled with expansive prairies and rolling hills. From Rapid City to Sioux Falls, it's no wonder why so many people call SD home sweet home. However, the Mount Rushmore State doesn't come without its fair share of natural disaster threats.
Frequent thunderstorms, hail, high winds, blizzards, wildfires and even tornados can plague this picturesque state. These potential threats make proper home insurance coverage even more important. Check your SD policy and make sure your limits are high enough to protect your home no matter the weather.
Before expanding coverage, SD homeowners should be aware that floods are not covered by standard homeowners insurance policies. That means if the Missouri River comes creeping up to your house, you'll be up the creek without a paddle if you don't have a flood insurance policy from the National Flood Insurance Program. Smart homeowners, whether their home is in a flood plain or not, will consider adding flood coverage. Mother Nature's wrath can be swift and unexpected so why not be prepared?
For more information on insurance in the state of South Dakota, visit the South Dakota Department of Insurance.
|Clear Lake||Colman||Custer||Dell Rapids|
|Eagle Butte||Elk Point||Flandreau||Garretson|
|Mitchell||Mobridge||North Sioux City||Parker|
|Pierre||Rapid City||Redfield||Sioux Falls|