Vermont Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Searching for homeowners insurance in the "Green Mountain State"? Look no further than HomeownersInsurance.com. Live in Burlington? We can find you the perfect Vermont home insurance policy. The same goes for Brattleboro or Montpelier. Because our agents work with multiple highly carriers, we can find the right combination of coverage and price for you. Call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above and we can start finding quotes for you today.
Why Vermont homeowners insurance?
Vermont is known for cold winters and pleasant summers. Residents expect snow and ice storms, along with bitter cold (sometimes it's even too cold to snow). Living in Vermont, however, also has its weather surprises. The state also occasionally experiences severe thunderstorms and severe winds.
While a standard Vermont home insurance policy can protect from the perils listed above, it typically will exclude flood protection. As a water-filled state, Vermont is vulnerable to flooding from melting snow and overflowing bodies of water. If you live near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Save on Vermont home insurance
We know Vermont homeowners in Brattleboro, Burlington, and other locations like to save money. When searching for your Vermont homeowners insurance quotes, our agents can sweeten the deal by qualifying you for all of the available discounts. Call us today or fill in your information above to see the savings you could get. Some common price breaks include:
- Home and auto package: You could get a quick and easy discount when you buy your auto insurance and your Vermont homeowners insurance through the same carrier.
- New home: Prefer newer homes? You could get a price break if your house was built within the last 10 years.
- Retiree: Retired homeowners 55 years of age or older can typically earn savings on their monthly premiums.
- Fire safety: Install smoke detectors or sprinklers in your home and you could qualify for a discount.
- Security: Protect your house and your wallet by installing a monitored security system in your home. Doing so could earn you savings of up to 10% - sometimes more.
What your neighbors pay for homeowners insurance
Location is one of the factors that providers use to determine homeowners insurance premiums, so finding out what your fellow Vermonters pay could help you. We've listed the last 5 Vermont home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com below. Take a look, but remember that premiums may vary based on other provider considerations such as individual history and house type.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$478†||$341†||$416†||$523†||$992†|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Oil||Central Oil|
Standard Vermont homeowners insurance coverage
Now that you know what events your policy covers and what you pay, you can determine what you protect in Montpelier or another city. Your homeowners insurance policy protects more than your house's structure. The 6 main areas of your home life that it safeguards are:
- Dwelling: What you typically think of when considering home insurance, this coverage protects the structure of your home from named perils such as fire and wind damage.
- Other Structures: Any additional structures on your property detached from your home also receive coverage from your policy. Examples include fences and sheds.
- Loss of Use: If a covered event damages your home so badly that you are forced to move out while it undergoes repair, Loss of Use can help you pay any hotel or restaurant bills until you get back on your feet.
- Personal Property: The contents of your home are protected against named perils such as theft or smoke damage.
- Medical Payments and Personal Liability: Your policy can help pay the medical bills of someone who sustains an injury on your property but who does not take you to court (Medical Payments). Should someone sue you over an injury sustained on your property, your policy can help pay legal costs and the final judgment.
To learn more, visit the Vermont Department of Insurance.
Call today for Vermont homeowners insurance quotes
Don't continue paying more than you should for Vermont homeowners insurance. To get started with your own free quote, call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above.
|Waterbury Center||Websterville||West Dover||White River Junction|