Virginia Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Searching for homeowners insurance in "The Old Dominion"? Let us do the work for you. At HomeownersInsurance.com, we take the hassle out of shopping for Virginia Homeowners insurance quotes. Our agents work with multiple highly rated carriers to find you coverage at the price you desire. Enter your information above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 to discover how to better protect your home.
Whether you live in an ocean front house in Virginia Beach or small ranch home in the Richmond suburbs, your abode should have the best protection available. However, having peace of mind coverage should mean overpaying for a policy. At HomeownersInsurance.com, we’ll help you get the protection you need at the best price.
Home insurance premiums in Virginia
Average Virginia home insurance premiums in June were approximately $753.00 which have increased since May when premiums were around $735. Average values in the area reflect premiums on new policies sold by HomeInsurance.com in Virginia. For a full list of premiums by state visit our RateReport.
Virginia homeowners insurance discounts
Great home insurance coverage shouldn't break the bank. In fact, the only breaks that should exist are the price breaks that the agents with HomeownersInsurance.com find for you. Some common ways to save include:
- Bundle: By purchasing your auto insurance and your Virginia home insurance from the same carrier, you could lower your monthly premiums.
- New home: Homeowners with houses built within the last 10 years are less likely to file a claim and therefore can earn homeowners insurance discounts.
- Retiree: If you are 55 or older and retired, you're more likely to take better care of your home and could earn savings of up to 20%.
- Nonsmoker: Households in which no one smokes can earn price breaks.
- Security: Install a monitored security system in your house and you could earn savings of up to 10%. Simply install deadbolt locks on exterior doors and you could save up to 5%.
Your neighbors' Virginia home insurance
Do your fellow Virginians pay more than the state average? From Alexandria to Chesapeake to Roanoke, home insurance premiums can be vastly different. We've listed the last five Virginia homeowners insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premiums may vary based on individual situation, house type, and location.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$687†||$1,861†||$497†||$617†||$291†|
|Foundation type||Slab||Crawl Space||Basement||Basement||Basement|
|Lot Size||N/A||10,000 Sq Ft||7,613 Sq Ft||N/A||5,941 Sq Ft|
|Square Feet||1,440 Sq Ft||3,624 Sq Ft||3,511 Sq Ft||N/A||1,620 Sq Ft|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Standard Virginia homeowners insurance coverage
In addition to the structure of your home, a standard Virginia home insurance policy protects many more aspects of your home life. It even provides for times when you're forced to live somewhere else. The six coverage types usually included in a standard policy are:
- Dwelling: Dwelling coverage is what you typically picture when envisioning homeowners insurance. It provides protection for the structure of your home and anything attached to it from perils such as wind, hail, and fire. Make sure you set it high enough to cover the cost of rebuilding your home from the ground up. This is particularly important in Fairfax and Fredericksburg, where replacement costs, according to an analysis of polices we've sold, exceed $300,000.
- Other Structures: Any additional structures on your property detached from your home receive protection from the specified perils from this portion of your policy.
- Personal Property: Your home's contents receive coverage up to your policy limits. This helps in case of damage from covered perils or theft. Chesapeake, Norfolk, and Richmond have burglary rates that exceed the national average, according to the 2012 FBI report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement; Virginia Beach's rate is lower than the U.S. norm.
- Loss of Use: If a covered event forces you to move out while your home undergoes repair, your policy can help you pay restaurant and hotel bills.
- Personal Liability and Medical Payments: If someone sustains an injury on your property, you can receive help paying legal costs and the final judgment if they take you to court (Personal Liability) or paying medical bills if they do not (Medical Payments).
Homeowners insurance: protect against Virginia's storms
Compared to some states, Virginia may seem relatively tame when it comes to experience with natural disasters. In reality, the state is vulnerable to a wide variety of storms and events, from hurricanes and tornadoes to earthquakes. Hurricanes can be especially dangerous to coastal cities like Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake. In fact, Norfolk and Virginia Beach were named in the top 5 most vulnerable U.S. cities to hurricanes by ClimateCentral.org.
Purchasing Virginia homeowners insurance can help protect your interests against common events such as thunderstorms, winter storms, and tornadoes. A standard policy will not, however, include coverage for earthquakes, flooding, and some hurricane damage. Whether you live in Fairfax, Fredericksburg or another Virginia city, if you live near a floodplain, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program now - before it's too late.
For more information about Virginia policies, contact the Virginia Department of Insurance.
Home insurance rates in your city
Fill in your information in the form above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 to begin safeguarding your home and family.
|Fairfax||Fairfax Station||Falls Church||Fort Monroe|
|Vienna||Virginia Beach||Waynesboro||West McLean|