Washington Homeowners Insurance Quotes
When you shop for homeowners insurance, you're looking for the best coverage at a great price. Let us bring that exact combination to you. HomeownersInsurance.com works with highly rated carriers to find coverage for homeowners in the Evergreen State. Call us at 1-877-919-2740 or enter your information above to get started finding a personalized quote in Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia and other Washington cities.
Homeowners insurance for Washington weather
Washington may be heavily influenced by the Pacific Ocean, but the state's weather is anything but peaceful. The diverse areas in the state, separated by the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges, make for abnormal pressure regions working across Washington. These pressure regions can cause thunderstorms, large amounts of precipitation, and occasionally severe winters.
From Seattle to Vancouver, standard Washington homeowners insurance policies can protect against disasters such as wind, thunderstorm, or fire damage. The state, however, also is vulnerable to earthquakes and flooding. Providers typically exclude both of these events from protection. If you live on the earthquake-prone West Coast, consider adding an earthquake endorsement or separate policy. If you live in a floodplain or near a body of water, think about purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
Washington home insurance discounts
Keep your finances evergreen by making sure you qualify for all of the available discounts. You can call us at 1-877-919-2740 or fill in your information above to begin saving. Some common price breaks include:
- Bundle: An easy way to save up to 20% is to purchase your auto insurance and your Washington home insurance policy through the same carrier.
- New home: If your home was built within the last 10 years, it could qualify you for a new home price break.
- Non-smoking: Though Washington experiences a moisture-heavy climate, the state is still vulnerable to wildfires. Providers typically reward homeowners that have completely non-smoking families with lower rates.
- Fire safety: Prevent fires from growing and save money doing it: installing smoke detectors or sprinklers in your home could help you pay less for insurance.
- Retiree: If you're retired and older than 55, you could earn an automatic discount.
Home insurance premiums in Washington
The average Washington home insurance premium in January 2017 was $697.00. It appears that premiums have decreased since December when average premiums in Washington were around $700.00. This reflects the annual cost of a standard home policy and does not include flood insurance or earthquake insurance.
Your neighbors' home insurance rates
Find out what your fellow WA residents pay for their Washington homeowners insurance premiums. Doing so can help to determine what to pay. Below is a list of the last five Washington home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that premiums may differ based on a variety of different characteristics.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$525†||$471†||$326†||$668†||$531†|
|Foundation type||Crawl Space||Crawl Space||Basement||Crawl Space||Crawl Space|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas||Central Gas|
Standard Washington homeowners insurance coverage
Know what you pay for by familiarizing yourself with the protection that a policy provides. A standard Washington home insurance policy safeguards six main areas of your home life:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Your policy covers the physical structure of your house (Dwelling) and buildings detached from it on your property (Other Structures) from specified perils such as fire or wind damage.
- Personal Property: The contents of your house also are protected from those perils, up to coverage limits of your homeowners insurance. Your possessions also are protected from theft; while Vancouver has a burglary rate that's lower than the national average, rates in Seattle and Tacoma are above the U.S. norm, according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement.
- Loss of Use: If your home becomes uninhabitable after a covered event, Loss of Use can help pay your hotel or restaurant bills while it undergoes repair.
- Personal Liability: If someone sustains an injury on your property and sues you, Personal Liability coverage can help pay your legal costs along with the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: For injuries sustained on your property in which the injured party did not take you to court, your homeowners insurance policy can help pay any medical bills involved.
For more information, visit the Washington Department of Insurance.
Find Washington homeowners insurance quotes in your city
Call us at 1-877-919-2740 or enter your information above to get started with a quote. We look forward to hearing from you.
|Clinton||College Place||East Wenatchee||Ellensburg|
|Everett||Federal Way||Gig Harbor||Kenmore|
|Mercer Island||Milton||Moses Lake||Mount Vernon|
|Mukilteo||Oak Harbor||Olympia||Port Angeles|