West Virginia Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Finding worthwhile West Virginia homeowners insurance quotes shouldn't be an uphill battle, even in 'the Mountain State.' Call the agents at HomeownersInsurance.com or fill in your information above to get started with a quote. We work with multiple highly rated carriers to bring you a variety of coverage options for protecting your home at an affordable price.
West Virginia home insurance protection
Whether you’re in Charleston or Kearneysville, you need homeowners insurance to protect against West Virginia's rugged terrain and weather. Though "mountaineers are always free," mountain life also is difficult. West Virginia is one of the cloudiest states in the nation, and prone to thunderstorms, hail, wind, and floods.
Remember that snow melts or flash floods can occur and swiftly carry your home and its contents away. Standard West Virginia homeowners insurance excludes flood damage from protection. If you live in or near a flood zone, consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program.
WV homeowners insurance – ways to save
Save money this year by finding out about the available homeowners insurance discounts. Licensed agents with HomeownersInsurance.com can help you find the price breaks for which you might qualify. Call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above to get started. You might qualify for common savings, including:
- Bundle: For up to 20% in savings, purchase your auto insurance and your West Virginia home insurance through the same carrier. It's as easy as that.
- Retiree: If you're a retiree older than 55, you could save on your monthly premiums.
- Security: Providers reward homeowners who have home security systems with up to 10% in West Virginia homeowners insurance discounts. You also could save up to 5% by installing deadbolt locks on your exterior doors.
- Fire safety: Protect your home from fire and lower your premiums by installing smoke detectors or sprinklers in your home.
- Claims history: If you haven't filed a homeowners insurance claim in the last 10 years, you could earn a price break.
Your neighbors' home insurance rates
Curious what your fellow 'Mountain State' residents in Fairmont or another city pay for West Virginia home insurance premiums? Turns out that curiosity could help you and give you an idea of how much your protection should cost. We've listed the last 5 West Virginia homeowners insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com. Remember that your premiums could vary because of your house type or situation.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$1,018†||$4,811†||$590†||$1,400†||$988†|
|Carrier||Safeco||MetLife||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual||Liberty Mutual|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric||Central Gas|
West Virginia homeowners insurance coverage
Now that you know what to pay, determine what you're buying. Your policy protects the structure of your home from named perils, but it also safeguards other parts of your home life. The six main coverage types that comprise a policy are as follows:
- Dwelling or Other Structures: The structure of your home receives protection from your policy (Dwelling) as do any additional structures on your property detached from the home (Other Structures).
- Personal Property: Repair or replace the contents of your home after a covered event with this portion of your policy.
- Loss of Use: When your home becomes badly damaged and uninhabitable after a named peril, your policy can help you pay any bills for hotels or restaurants that you accrue.
- Medical Payments: Your policy can help pay the medical bills for someone who sustains an injury on your property and does not take you to court.
- Personal Liability: If you are sued because of an injury on your property, Personal Liability can help pay legal costs and the final judgment.
Other questions about your insurance? Contact the West Virginia Department of Insurance.
West Virginia homeowners insurance quotes for your city
To get started with a quote, call us at 1-877-234-0731 or enter your information above. HomeownersInsurance.com can help you soar to new heights of protection, so don't let this opportunity go to waste.
|Saint Albans||Saint Marys||Shepherdstown||Shinnston|