Wisconsin Homeowners Insurance Quotes
Protecting your Wisconsin home is important – no matter if you live in one of the larger cities such as Milwaukee or Madison or in a more rural part of the state. Move forward in your search for worthwhile Wisconsin home insurance with HomeownersInsurance.com. Our agents can help you feel a little less badgered in the "Badger State" by working with multiple highly rated providers to nail down your coverage at the right price.
Call us at 1-877-234-0731 or fill in your information above so that we can get started working for you today.
Homeowners insurance in Wisconsin: Why you need it
Wisconsin experiences severe thunderstorms several times a year, along with ice and snow storms in the winter. Especially this year, the state's residents have experienced bouts of extreme, bitter cold.
Wisconsin's name means "grassy place," so it's no wonder that the state is surrounded by water. A standard Wisconsin homeowners insurance policy can protect against the perils listed above, but it does not cover flooding. Consider purchasing a separate policy through the National Flood Insurance Program if you live near a floodplain.
Wisconsin home insurance costs in your neighborhood
Comparing your rates to those of your fellow Wisconsin residents can help you determine if you're paying too much. Want to see what homeowners are paying in Green Bay? Milwaukee? We’ve listed the last 5 Wisconsin home insurance policies sold by HomeownersInsurance.com below. Compare, but remember that premiums vary based on a number of factors such as individual situation and house type.
|Home 1||Home 2||Home 3||Home 4||Home 5|
|Premium with Auto Discount||$496†||$797†||$636†||$660†||$523†|
|Lot Size||7,315 Sq Ft||7,405 Sq Ft||9,181 Sq Ft||43,560 Sq Ft||N/A|
|Square Feet||1,036 Sq Ft||1,252 Sq Ft||N/A||2,550 Sq Ft||N/A|
|Discounts|| || || || || |
|Primary Heat Source||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Gas||Central Electric||Central Electric|
Save on Wisconsin homeowners insurance premiums
Wisconsin may be "America's Dairy Land," but homeowners insurance in the state shouldn't cost you a lot of cheddar. It's a fact: Homeowners who adopt a DIY bent can miss out on many of the discounts for which they might qualify.
Common price breaks include:
- Bundle: One of the easiest ways to save is purchasing your auto insurance and your Wisconsin homeowners insurance from the same carrier. You could lower your premiums by up to 20%.
- Fire safety: Even in a state with so much water, it pays to be fire conscious. Providers typically offer a price break for homes with sprinklers or smoke detectors.
- Nonsmoking: Homeowners also can earn savings if none of the members of a household smoke.
- Retiree: Providers sometimes give discounts to retired homeowners, aged 55 and older.
- Claims history: If you haven't filed a claim within the last 10 years, you could earn a price break.
Standard homeowners insurance coverage
Wisconsin homeowners insurance quotes pledge to protect more than the structure of your home. In fact, there are 6 main types of protection in a standard policy. They are:
- Dwelling and Other Structures: Any structures on your property, whether attached to your home's structure (Dwelling) or not (Other Structures) are safeguarded by your homeowners insurance policy.
- Personal Property: Your policy protects the contents of your home up to the limits of your coverage from disasters such as fire or wind as well as from theft. Milwaukee's burglary rate is higher than the national average, according to the 2012 FBI Report on Offenses Known to Law Enforcement, although Green Bay and Madison have lower-than-average burglary rates. You may need to schedule an endorsement for certain high-value items.
- Loss of Use: When a covered peril such as wind, hail, or fire damages your house and forces you to move out while repairs take place, your provider can help pay the hotel and restaurant bills that you accrue.
- Personal Liability: If someone sustains an injury on your property and takes you to court, home insurance can help pay for your legal costs and the final judgment.
- Medical Payments: Your policy can help pay the medical bills of a non-family member who becomes injured on your property but who doesn't take you to court.
For more information, see the Wisconsin Department of Insurance.
Home insurance rates in your city
Fill in your information above or call us at 1-877-234-0731 to learn more and get started with a quote today.
|Cedarburg||Cudahy||De Forest||De Pere|
|Eau Claire||Elm Grove||Fond du Lac||Green Bay|
|La Crosse||Lake Geneva||Madison||Manitowoc|